Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Deb asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I said a scooter. So yesterday I drove over 300 miles to Dallas and back and picked up an 05 Kymco Bet and Win 250. I've always loved the Vespa type upright sitting position for urban riding as this will be my go to town holligan bike. It tops out at about 80-85 so I can safely ride the 25 miles to town on the state highway which runs at 70mph. The Kymco is a 4 stroke water cooled bike. It came with a Givi top box and tall windshield which will be great for winter riding but will probably remove in summer and make it a naked scooter. Came with brand new Michelin's too. The Silverwing remains as my touring scooter and for 2up with Deb. This is someone else's Kymco but same bike with top box and windshield. Will take some pics today. BTW, Kymco is not Chinese crap but Taiwanese as they make the engines for the BMW Maxiscooter and the BMW Adventure bikes too. Kymco's rock.

Attachments

·
Registered
627 Posts
Nice addition to the stable Dan.
You should have let some of us know that you and Deb were coming up to Dallas, we could have met for lunch.

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
Congrats. Kinda looks like the scooter I had a few years back.

·
Premium Member
7,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice addition to the stable Dan.
You should have let some of us know that you and Deb were coming up to Dallas, we could have met for lunch.
Deb didn't come and didn't leave until 2pm. It was a last minute decision as he had someone else interested so didn't want to lose out so flat footed over to Lewisville. But ya, let's get together soon....well when it warms up a tad. Geez, Texas gets cold in the winter too.:smile2:

·
Premium Member
7,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats. Kinda looks like the scooter I had a few years back.
Ya, I thought that was you on the Briggs and Stratton mini bike on the freeway with wide open throttle pegged at 25. Geez dude, glad you upgraded to a real bike. :nerd:

·
Super Moderator
14,256 Posts
Looks good. So now should I start calling you Scooters?

·
Premium Member
7,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Looks good. So now should I start calling you Scooters?
You call me Scooters and I'll call you Sparkles. :laugh2:

Here's the rig with windshield and top box installed. Windshield is huge but riding in 28 degree weather it makes a huge difference. When it's that cold I could care less how it looks. It was calm and warm behind the screen which means it will come off in the summer. The wind screen handguards worked great as my hands were only partly frozen. Rode it to town cruising down the state highway at 75 and was very stable and planted.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will have to come over for a ride before you get used to it and leave me in the dust!!
Ha Ha, for that ride maybe the SW. This is just a baby scooter dude but in town there's not a faster way around tight traffic.

·
Premium Member
7,208 Posts
Just so I am up to date.....You have an 1800 and now a Scooter?

·
Premium Member
7,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sharp looking scoot, Scooter.
Thanks Bob. It's amazing at how many bikes like this one sit in folks garage and never get ridden. This scooter is 11 years old and has only 900 miles on it. I guess they're like tread mills and never get used. I think I have a fuel issue with the new Kymco as it died on me coming out of Walmart onto a 4 lane street. Pushed it double time across 4 lanes to a firehouse across the street. It was amazingly light (350) pounds to push compared to my 550 pound SW. I put seafoam in the gas tank yesterday as it also had a rough idle. Maybe some crud is breaking up from the seafoam. The seller did include a brand new in the box carb for it as I'll change it out if things don't improve.

·
Super Moderator
14,256 Posts
Problems develop from letting them just sit. Hope you ride the heck out of it and get that carb all cleaned out.

Reactions: NREMTP

·
Premium Member
7,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Problems develop from letting them just sit. Hope you ride the heck out of it and get that carb all cleaned out.
Thanks Mark. Thought I'd never buy another carb bike but I did and now have to deal with it. I'm sure the issue is minor and soon I'll be pulling wheelies with it.:grin2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts