Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone purchased a new Goldwing from Schroaders Honda in Hendersonville,NC? What has been your experience with this dealership.

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

I can't give you any advice, but I'm sure somebody will be able to help.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I got a guy parked right next to me at work, we were chatting as we loaded up for home. he bought a used 97 about 4 years ago there. praised the dealership and talked about how big it was and how well he thought he was treated.

·
Super Moderator
10,004 Posts
They are big sellers on eBay and from what I can tell very good to deal with. I called about my 09 and got a deal over the phone. I ended up buying the same bike in Chaddsford Pa just because they matched Schroders deal and it was closer to home. If they did not match the deal, I was prepared to go down south for my Wing.

·
Super Moderator
10,004 Posts
Oh, and welcome to the forum from the Keystone state...

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Explanation is needed.
IMO, if one is going to make such a statement, then what happened needs to be told.
One does not become one of the leading dealerships in the nation by having a poor service department!
All of us make mistakes from time to time.
Would really appreciate reading your experience that would lead you to make your statement.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Explanation is needed.
IMO, if one is going to make such a statement, then what happened needs to be told.
One does not become one of the leading dealerships in the nation by having a poor service department!
All of us make mistakes from time to time.
Would really appreciate reading your experience that would lead you to make your statement.
Thanks
+1 I have never found any service dept. that was perfect.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Never found much of anything perfect either! Acceptable, yes. Sometimes going beyond to satisfy a customer, yes. Once in a while, falling short of expectation, yes.
Have to return for the same problem, rare but, it does happen.
Over charge-yes. But then, most of us have no idea of the capital required to keep a dealership afloat!
I am aware of one former major, regional dealership that gave fantastic deals but, had one of the worst service departments I've ever been involved with! Doors finally closed a couple years ago!
Worst because,
1. Ordered a black right side master cylinder accessory switch box.
When installed, it was chrome and was mounted on the left side. Young employee decided I wouldn't want to take my hand off the throttle to use the switches!
2. Switch wiring was run along the outside of the handlebar. Did not take the cover off and run the wiring inside the handle bars.
3. Ring of fire installed. Wiring pieced together, not soldered, no shrink tubing, some splices not completely taped, wiring not secured.
4. Had the aux. plug installed in the left glove box. I-com cord was not repositioned properly and rubbed on the handlebar when turned.
5. Installed a CB. Told me the SWR was checked and tuned. WRONG! Was almost 1:3 when I checked it on my meter!
In correcting this issue, I found several of the tabs on the fairing trim strip had been broken.
Telling the owner about all this and telling him the amount of time it took me to correct these issues did result in an apology and a new trim strip free but, he still kept all the labor money I was charged. Never darkened his door again!
None of this has anything to do w/the OP's question but, thought if one is going to complain, tell why!

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
I worked with that dealer as a poker run stop for the MTA years ago , this was a 276 mile poker run thru the mountains what a blast ! Any way I found them to be very willing to help us out with both the stop and pick up for servise as needed .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.