Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
We just got back from an 800 mile round trip to Savannah. The bike performed perfectly - like it does every day to work and home again - we averaged 70-75 mph and about 37 mpg on the trip. Two up with all three bags packed to the gills. This was my first trip of that distance and I loved it. Here are a few pics.
The garden - breakfast area of the place we stayed.
Pick of the dash - showing the miles when we got back. Right at 800
You see a lot of bikes chained up along the streets - as biking is a great way to get around a city like Savannah - but you don't see this type of bike chained up every day...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
Looks like you stayed and rode in style. Glad you had a safe and enjoyable trip..

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Beautiful place in the old city of Savannah. How did you fit all that stuff on the Wing ? That's quite a feat of spacial organization.

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Great bike and a good ride by the sound of it. I get about the same mpg's at the same speed two up. Eric

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My wife deserves the credit for the packing job. I mentioned the old scout/military technique of rolling the clothing for space/wrinkles and she took it from there. We had clothing for 5 days even though we only planned on being out for 3. We had spare shoes and the first aid kit and both frogg togg sets. I was also able to fit the armored mesh jacket in the trunk as well. It was interesting to be able to have one bag full of clean clothes after that trip.....

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
The little lady & I loved Savannah when we were there. Like the Maestro said beautiful city, great food (The Pink House) & extremely nice people.

86 nice trip thanks for sharing. By the way I hope you see the reason I resized your pics was because when you post large ones it makes for a very convuluted post. Hope that wasn't a problem for you.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the comments and I do have an issue with you doing that to my pics. My issue is I'm not smart enough to do it myself :D

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Thanks for the comments and I do have an issue with you doing that to my pics. My issue is I'm not smart enough to do it myself
HAHAHA Good one!

It really isn't that big of a deal. Some guys use sites that will resize the pic for you. Detdrbuzzard & Joe in Calif come to mind. Maybe they could help if you check with them.

Our site will accept a jpeg pic resized to 97k (that's what I did with yours) You resize them & in your posting to a topic there is a tab to Manage attachments you click that, browse, attach & save changes. If you would like to elaborate on this process just PM me.
Again thanks for the trip to Savannah, the little lady & I talk about going back someday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts