Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Well let's hope motorcycle.com don't get any crazy ideas and merge these 2 forums , that would suck

·
Super Moderator
7,608 Posts
I hope not, this forum is excellent and needs to stand alone.
Let them be there own entity.

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well let's hope motorcycle.com don't get any crazy ideas and merge these 2 forums , that would suck
I'm a member of Steve Saunders forum also and if you read the link to his press release to the forum yesterday, he said that Motorcycle.com will not immediately add advertising but will put to a vote later. There is no mention of a merging of forums at this time.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
I'm also a member of that forum and don't care for it much

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,608 Posts
I don't remember how many I had with them.
I just got tired of the cliques and when I tried to explain something I got jumped on by the same people.
To them I say:

·
Super Moderator
15,160 Posts
i hope that they don't merge GWF with GWOF either but if they do i'm heading to GWW

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Personally, I've only been a member on the Saunders forum and here on GWOF since December 2011. I've posted 37 times on the other forum and over 1500 here. There are folks there who are passionate about their forum and who have forged friendships just like folks have done here. I was welcomed here by many that made me feel like I was part of this family.

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
It's the natural commercial evolution of most web based forums/ blogs. Gentleman, what drives the internet ? We pay for our internet connection, but who pays for the sites ? I'm not being cynical, it's not a " sell out ". Products drive the internet regardless of your philanthropic ideals. Steve Saunders isn't selling out so much as he's cashing in. " Publish or Perish ". We support and promote our " Sponsors " here because they have served us personally well, not because they have allowed us free membership to use up their router storage space. The best sites will have the best products. That is the power that the member side holds.

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's the natural commercial evolution of most web based forums/ blogs. Gentleman, what drives the internet ? We pay for our internet connection, but who pays for the sites ? I'm not being cynical, it's not a " sell out ". Products drive the internet regardless of your philanthropic ideals. Steve Saunders isn't selling out so much as he's cashing in. " Publish or Perish ". We support and promote our " Sponsors " here because they have served us personally well, not because they have allowed us free membership to use up their router storage space. The best sites will have the best products. That is the power that the member side holds.
Dam Lee, that's good. Spot on. :cool:

·
Administrator
29,001 Posts
Never been a F.W. don't intend to start. Whatever will be will be (que sera sera). I started here because we were different & we all work very hard to keep it that way.

I've met some great people & many are my friends. If a merger happens it would be a shame & I would just resort to phone & text messages.

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Never been a F.W. don't intend to start. Whatever will be will be (que sera sera). I started here because we were different & we all work very hard to keep it that way.

I've met some great people & many are my friends. If a merger happens it would be a shame & I would just resort to phone & text messages.
The SF has a new Admin/Marco. I think I'll privately ask him if a merger is in the works and on second hand, maybe I better leave sleeping dogs lie. Wouldn't want to plant the seed.:eek:

·
Administrator
29,001 Posts
The SF has a new Admin/Marco. I think I'll privately ask him if a merger is in the works and on second hand, maybe I better leave sleeping dogs lie. Wouldn't want to plant the seed.:eek:
Good plan. We have our own Budoka who may know the skinny? That is when he gets out of bed.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
If a merge comes I guess I'm done with forums

1 - 20 of 39 Posts