Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took the Mrs. out for a leisurely 500 miles ride today (Saturday). The traffic here in NM ...unlike NJ was minimal. We road two hundred miles to get Sabarette hotdogs. They were great and they had the red onion sauce topping...:) Then we went north to White Oaks NM an old gold mining town that Billy the Kid hung out in ...we went into a bar in the town ...but it was not original and it was not the one in which Billy the kid killed a bounty hunter that saloon was torn down years ago.
The weather was great the temp fluctuated do to the changes in elevation as high as 8600 feet at times. The bike handled great...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Great Pics....My son in El Paso just sent us a bunch of pics of the Mountains out there. Beautiful landscape.

·
Super Moderator
9,995 Posts
I guess when you do the Iron Butt run a leasure 500 mile day is kind of like a warm up. Glad you had a good time and a safe trip. Nice pics... Thanks..

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Great pics Lee of you and the misses. Couldn't help but see you wear a weapon when you ride. How does that work for you? Also, a rather robust ride of 500 miles with a passenger. How did she do? Did you work up to this kind of mileage with her?

·
Administrator
29,002 Posts
Great stuff Lee, when my little lady rode we used to love a good 500 mile day. I think the most we ever did together was 685. Hey we were only a couple hundred away from the SS1000.:rolleyes:

Seriously glad you folks had a good time. Nothing like being on the open road with the woman you love.:D

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Mrs.. loves the Wing it is very comfrotable much more than the Triiumph Rocket.....she has commented several times she could fall a sleep it is so relaxing. I am seriously thinking of doing an Iron Butt with her ...the added plus is she a PT and while we are riding will working on my traps and back ....really feels nice after a few hours of riding.
I ahve not worked up the mileage yet but I will. I do not think it will be great though. I ahd another day of riding at 95 mph plus in a large portion of the ride. The higher speeds drop the mileage quite a bit. The bike handles so well and the wind protection really reduces buffetting it does not feel like you are going that fast...the wing is an exdellent bike.....

·
Administrator
15,289 Posts
Thanks for the pictures, nice ride. I’ll be passing close to there on Wednesday. If I’ve got extra time I’ll pass by White Oaks also on my Billy the Kid portion of the ride. Thanks for the idea. My wife needs your wife’s shirt.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the pictures, nice ride. I’ll be passing close to there on Wednesday. If I’ve got extra time I’ll pass by White Oaks also on my Billy the Kid portion of the ride. Thanks for the idea. My wife needs your wife’s shirt.
If you are by that way in Capitan...just shy in lincoln they have the jail that he was held in a lot of historic buildings and Pat Garrets Restaraunt...or it was his ...lol not now......:D also a museum...ride safe and enjoy.....

·
Administrator
15,289 Posts
Thanks, that's the stuff I like to see.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Sounds like a good one Lee. Doesn't look like its quick on the draw with that iron though:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
As for the quick on the draw ...actually it is ...it is a Fobus holster. I usually have it concealed but I took that photo for my fellow New Jersians ...who unless they are police officers can only dream about carrying leagally.....:D

My mileage for the day of this trip ...was 37.2 per gallon...which really is not bad considering.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts