Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '86 Aspencade.
Is there satellite radio package, Siruis or XM, that can be retrofitted?
SCMGR

·
Registered
201 Posts
Greetings SCMGR welcome to the GWOF No problem setting up your ride with satellite radio. I took the Satellite receiver out of my truck (just the receiver not the mount) and
Velcro'd it to the right locked compartment lid on my 85 LTD. Bought an extra Mag mount
Satellite antenna and Velcro'd it in the center of the dash next to the windshield. My Wing did'nt have a power outlet (Cigar lighter) so I installed one on the fairing just above
the right hand locked compartment and wired it direct to the battery with a 5 amp fuse on the positive line,this comes in handy for all sorts of things.I tunned the bike stereo and the Satellite receiver to the same FM frequency and walla your listing to satellite.
On my 85 LTD I have two factory 5 pin Stereo outlets (Rider/Passenger)so I can switch to Headphones if I want instead of speakers, it works well.I'm using Sirius,it works best for us here in the Northern latitudes as the Satellite is positioned higher in the sky.

-Robert-

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Bstar, that's great info. By the way, the company I work for, Space Systems Loral, built the Sirius Radio satellites. I worked on the first 4 satellites (3 of which are on-orbit and the 4th is a ground spare), and we just launched Sirius-5 a few months ago.

·
Registered
201 Posts
thanks Bstar, that's great info. By the way, the company I work for, Space Systems Loral, built the Sirius Radio satellites. I worked on the first 4 satellites (3 of which are on-orbit and the 4th is a ground spare), and we just launched Sirius-5 a few months ago.
Glad I could help, Thats interesting info about the Sats. I'm a Ham Radio operator and use to work various Ham radio satellites as a hobby some of them Russian. These were orbiting satellites not geosyncro Sats. and we used a fairly sophisicated commuter program
with daily orbit positioning data updates in order to track them as they went overhead from horizon to horizon.We use VHF radio for the link with automatic doppler phasing.

-Robert-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts