Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just rode 650 miles round trip to san antonio. Not a cloud in the sky but I will say from experience that after 11 am in the Texas heat is too much to handle. I dont care where youre from 97 to 100 is too hot to ride and even with shorts and a short sleeve shirt is very painful. Hate to burst you guys bubble but dont ride in the heat...it sucks!

·
Premium Member
23,770 Posts
You won't catch me on I 10 heading through Arizona at this time of the year, but I know someone who is exactly there now as we speak.

·
Super Moderator
28,444 Posts
The little lady & I rode that way last year at this time. Heat started in St Louis (98*) all through OK/TX/NM/AZ/UT/NV & CA mostly 100+. We wore our FirstGear UV Long Sleeves & LD Comfort Underwear,
Helmet Liners & yes it was Hot but the moisture wicking properties of them all helped us tremendously. Try them I'm sure you'll see similar results.

By the way they are all reasonably priced.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I bought some towels from Frogg Togg that you wet and drape over your chest or your back and they help with the heat. They stay wet for a couple of hours. Wore it under a mesh jacket.

·
Super Moderator
28,444 Posts
Hey Snuff, I have one of them for when I'm working outside they work great. Good Idea, I bet that would even be better under one of the UV shirts.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'd never seen them before, stumbled on it at a sporting goods store in Durango. Twelve dollars well spent.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hot weather riding is brutal, but if you live in the south part of the country you either learn to deal with it, or you lose a great chunk of riding time.
Weather shot enclosed from a trip I did last July. Needles California is the gateway to Hades I am sure of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts