Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The snow's been gone a few weeks, but it hasn't rained to really wash all the salt away. You can't really see it, but there's bound to be some on the streets still. Temp's in the 50's/60's, but not sure I should ride. The Wing's mostly plastic. Anybody have problems with salt on their Wings? (pun intended)
Thanks for any input...

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
The snow's been gone a few weeks, but it hasn't rained to really wash all the salt away. You can't really see it, but there's bound to be some on the streets still. Temp's in the 50's/60's, but not sure I should ride. The Wing's mostly plastic. Anybody have problems with salt on their Wings? (pun intended)
Thanks for any input...
If I think I have salt on my bike I shaker off.

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
I don't think the salt will affect the tupperware, but it may cause problems with the aluminum wheels and other metal parts. We are expecting about 2-3 inches of rain here over the weekend, so most of the salt should be gone by next week.. WOO HOO...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Rode to work today and it wasn't too bad. Supposed to rain all weekend and hopefully will wash a lot of the salt and sand away. Ride it! You can always hose it off when you get home.

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
We are expecting about 2-3 inches of rain here over the weekend, so most of the salt should be gone by next week.. WOO HOO...
That's what I'm talking about Two Wheel. Won't be long now til I'm buying the Coffees. We'll keep in touch.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Oh Prunella!!!!!
Sorry about that all. I have a bad weakness for word association. If you grew up in my family you would understand.:( I also am looking forwad to a good rain, even if it's the weekend, for the very same reasons. I never thought I would say that.

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
chopin114

You have pm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts