Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas!
To those of you who use them, (or USED to) I can get a set for 25-30 bucks brand new. I am using cloth 'shopping' bags now. Are you still using them, or are they an accessory that ends up being in the way and eventually taken out?
Mctoy

·
Registered
515 Posts
Still using the ones from my 96SE, they should fit the new '12 with room to spare.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hey fellas!
To those of you who use them, (or USED to) I can get a set for 25-30 bucks brand new. I am using cloth 'shopping' bags now. Are you still using them, or are they an accessory that ends up being in the way and eventually taken out?
Mctoy
I've got a set on mine; paid $50 shipped I think - gray rugs cut out to fit the trunk bottom and side bag bottoms. the set came with a dashboard rug, too. I like them better than the plastic bottoms or using the GW luggage as a rug. The ones I got come with a velcro-friendly backing so that you affix sticky velcro to the plastic and then the rugs hugs the velcro to stay in place.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
I love mine...got them from wingstuff.com.....Looks neater and keeps things from just banging around. I think you will like em.

·
Super Moderator
28,436 Posts
Mctoy
Yes they work great. Nice addition as the others have said.

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
I had both in my 98 1500 and my 09 1800. Use the bags a lot for traveling in the car too..

·
Premium Member
23,767 Posts
This is a timely post. I just received a package yesterday form our good member from the Northwest Corner " Ron Robertson ". Pictured here is a signed production run of an official Ron Robertson " Go Anywhere Bag ". It comes complete with instructions and the inspiration that lead to the design. Ron claims they are a big hit in the Northwest and he is trying to brake into the market here in the east. Please PM Ron Robertson with any inquiries concerning the inspiration and use of the " Go Anywhere Bag ".

Attachments

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
This is a timely post. I just received a package yesterday form our good member from the Northwest Corner " Ron Robertson ". Pictured here is a signed production run of an official Ron Robertson " Go Anywhere Bag ". It comes complete with instructions and the inspiration that lead to the design. Ron claims they are a big hit in the Northwest and he is trying to brake into the market here in the east. Please PM Ron Robertson with any inquiries concerning the inspiration and use of the " Go Anywhere Bag ".
Is that the left or right bag? I might have to ride up there and get me a pair of those.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have the original bags (all 3) for my '86 Aspy. I'm loading them up tomorrow for a little 3 day ride up to Savannah GA on Tuesday. They hold everything the wife and I will need.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Is that the left or right bag? I might have to ride up there and get me a pair of those.
Larry: you come and get the recommend pair that you should have if traveling two up. and I'll give you a personal explanation, and demonstration, of the origin and development of the Go Anywhere Bag.
Soon you too will be say; You Can Go Anywhere on a Gold Wing.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

P.S. Chopin; Have you had chance to try it out yet ?.
You should make one up for Miss Vickie when she's traveling with you.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Ron's bags are a lot like mine, but I think mine maybe a little more durable and waterproof, but can't seem to get the WalMart name of them.

·
Super Moderator
11,785 Posts
Some of you guys just ain't right!

:D :D :D

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Got it Ron. One bag fits all.
Yup one size fits all. If your going to go, might just as well both go at the same time. Save a stop later.:D
I've managed to find one of the bags they use for giving gifts in that's Chrome.
Have Miss Vickie check out the bags from Victoria Secret, All pink and Girlie. My lady prefers them over the plain old brown paper guy one's.:rolleyes:
I suppose I should post the instruction sheet.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I still use the liners from my 1500 in the 1800. Had to take the plastic stiffeners out of the bottoms so they conform to the shape of the newer bags and they're a bit big but they work. Just so you all know, it looks like Honda has discontinued the 1800 bag lid organizers, at least here in Canada (colourful expletive appropriate here:mad:). Wingstuff still lists them though.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Trunk Rug and Saddlebags

Wing Stuff has an ok trunk rug which keeps stuff from rattling around. Harley has nice saddlebags,without HD logs, that will fit the Wing, cost was $50.00.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all the replies fellas!
I bought them and really like 'em so far! Best part? They are brand new, in the box Hondaline and I only paid $30 for 'em from a retired rider who had them "Laying around in the garage".

1 - 20 of 23 Posts