Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate having to close my saddlebags and risk scratching them.I use the back of my hand and try not to let it slide.I have searched for some sort of emblem or handle that will mount center near the top of bags with no luck.My wife has these longgggggg nails and i have instructed her to use the back of her hand also,but i see those nails scratching the bags some day.Any ideas ???

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
I'm not the structural engineer around here, but as with trunk handles, those who have them ( me included ) generally use them to facilitate opening the trunk and closing the trunk by an open palm on the surface on the lid. The slamming pressure exerted on any handle screwed or through bolted to this plastic can have crackling effects over time.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not the structural engineer around here, but as with trunk handles, those who have them ( me included ) generally use them to facilitate opening the trunk and closing the trunk by an open palm on the surface on the lid. The slamming pressure exerted on any handle screwed or through bolted to this plastic can have crackling effects over time.
That is so true.A chrome emblem would my best option.

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
What about taking it in to one of the shops that does spray-on bras and have them do the upper portion of the lids?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have seen many gold emblems on the wing and I think they make the chrome stand out more. No problems with matching, just my opinion.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I hate having to close my saddlebags and risk scratching them.I use the back of my hand and try not to let it slide.I have searched for some sort of emblem or handle that will mount center near the top of bags with no luck.My wife has these longgggggg nails and i have instructed her to use the back of her hand also,but i see those nails scratching the bags some day. Any ideas ???
Why not buy her a gift certificate for a manicure? ;)

·
Premium Member
6,721 Posts
I have over 50,000 miles of slamming my saddle bags and not one scratch. I ride it daily to work & open both sides to remove my back pack & bike cover. I think you're worried about nothing.....ride it & enjoy it! It's all good!

Mark

·
Registered
365 Posts
Scratches?

You could check with a body repair shop, they sell / install that clear stuff just for this purpose. A small bit just where you would use your hand to close is all you need.
I had some installed on my V-45 Saber where the front of the seat rests on the fuel tank, it tends to scuff the finish there....rode with it for 3 yrs & it never showed any sign of marks at all.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.