Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home from a 500 mile trip with the Mrs. and pulled in the garage. Started to unload and the left saddlebag will not open. Unloaded everything else fine but that one will not open. Of course that is the one that my Kindle and Cell Phone was stashed in. I'm thinking maybe the strap off the bag might have gotten stuck in the latch. Pulling the lever makes a sound like it is activating the catch but holding it activated while pulling/prying on the door is not working. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alright then. Nevermind. Just walked out to the garage to work on it some more. Pulled the latch and open it popped just like Honda designed it to. No idea what the heck that was. And yes, I was pulling the correct latch before too. If were about to make a suggestion, well, thanks anyway.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
I don't know about the 1800's but there is a rubber plug in the bottom of the trunk on both the left and right sides on the 1500's. If the saddle bag won't unlatch. Pull the plug on that side, there is a button under the plug, if you push that it should open

·
Registered
61 Posts
LOL, Glad that gremlin decided to move out before you returned to try it again! Maybe it was just a fluke. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
It is that crazy mechanism that the Goldwing uses, especially on the left saddlebag. My 2002 has done it since I have owned it. Warranty work was done on it and I still have the problem. I use silicone spray on the gasket and this seems to help. Otherwise use the opener in the trunk and you are good to go, as long as you do not have the trunk full.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Push in on the upper front part of the door as you pull the lever, that will help the latch release. There is also an adjustment for the cable. Inside the trunk where the cable connects to the pulling device. Also as stated before, in the trunk there are 2 rubber plugs, one for each side bag, pull the plug out and there is a plunger in there to release the bag in the cable won't do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts