Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it has pretty much happened. After putting 19,800+ miles on the Wing since May 22, I've had the pleasure of riding it for 1 day this past week. It isn't that I don't want to ride, but rather with the weather keeping the snow and ice around (damn refreeze at night), I've just not risked it. Coldest that it has been with me riding was 18 degrees, but it had been dray for over a week prior to that.

So while I can't ride, I now am planning for my Four Corners Tour in July. I'll leave from Virgnia, ride along 66, stray into Texas for a bit, then on to the Palm Springs area to visit family over 4th of Jult weekend. The tour will officially start sometime around the 7th/8th. If you wish to follow along on my preparations for the trip and the trip itself, I've a blog set up here.

Best of the season's holidays to all,

Rapier

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Sounds like an awesome trip!! I wish you well on your trip!! I hope that someday it will be a reality, not just a dream, for me to do the same.

·
Premium Member
23,767 Posts
I have a feeling someone is finally going to break down and get a cup holder. There are only so many 7-elevens between here and there.

·
Super Moderator
28,437 Posts
Good luck with the plans Rapier. You will be the envy of the board. Make sure you take some time to stop & smell the roses or view the occasional Bighorn Sheep.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I have been in every state many times except Alaska, Hawaii and North Dakota, over my 25 years on a Gold Wing I planned on doing the 4 corners, Washington, Maine, Florida and Calif after I retired in 2004 but my wife suffered a back injury and that put an end to my trip. Good luck on yours. I'm sure it will be great.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Gosh rapier, I had visions of bad things from the title of this thread, but it's actually a joyous one! Sometimes the planning of an adventure is as much fun as the trip itself. I'm having a ball setting up our Ireland gig. Best wishes in your quest of the 4 corners.
Fossil, the last time I got up close and personal with a Bighorn, he did a real fine job af redesigning the door of my buddies pick-up! Gotta be careful with the beasties.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts