Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to be a bit absent from here the next while, my Mother passed away about 2:00 am today. She had a long happy life up until about six months ago, and really tough the last few weeks. She had a couple strokes and was bed ridden at the end, lost her speech centre a couple weeks ago, so very hard for her. At 92 she saw more of life than many of us will, and she and Dad were married 64 years when he passed in Novemeber '08. She was a genuine lady all her life, and her three sons and their extended families will miss her greatly. Take care all, see you soon.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sorry to hear about our loss, it must be very hard for you and your family, you have my deepest sympathy

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
prayers for the family of budoka, take care and stay strong as my brother use to say

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Sorry to hear of her passing, my mother-in-law passed away a month ago, it's still very hard on my wife and her family, Prayers for you and your family to guide you through this process.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Budoka,
Sorry for your loss. Sounds like she will continue to live in the hearts of those dear to her. Our condolances and prayers go out to you and your family.

·
Registered
449 Posts
So sorry to hear of her passing. You and yours will be in our prayers tonight.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you so much for your kindness. It's tough that she went through an undignified decline prior to passing, but she and Dad both had a lot to be thankful for in their lives. Would that we all could be so fortunate to have such wonderful years late into their retirement. They spent 20 years in Arizona (Mesa) avoiding our harsh Alberta Winters and just enjoying the fruits of their labours in a life that spanned the horse and buggy and farming during the depression through to active business with the Hudsons Bay and then private retail, to seeing the Space Shuttle and the Saturn V at the Cape. Never did convert ether one of them to rock & roll, but they tolerated three boys growing up in the turbulent 60's and early 70's, and God knows we were no picnic. I was fortunate to have both parents past the age of 91, and I was 51 when Dad went. Few of my friends if any can say the same. Trust me, treasure the moments you have, they are oh so precious.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
My condolences to you and yours. 92 is a pretty ripe old age and you will always have those memories . My Mom passed at 86 and before she did she basically said that she was ready for a nice long rest. I hope they meet and get the rest they so deserve.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Budoka - Sorry to hear of your loss. I'm sure she will be remembered often as you ride down the road with the wind in your face and the open raod before you. Three sons, I'm sure there are alot of interesting stories of days gone by.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Budoka...Sorry to hear about your mother...our condolences to you and your family...may her memories live forever and ride with you into the sunset.

·
Premium Member
23,767 Posts
I can add nothing to all that has been said here by others, except to add my name to all that was said here better by others.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Budoka, our thoughts and prayers are with you, hang in there.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
one to a customer

Moms are one per customer, I am sorry for your loss. 92 years of life with health is amazing. Godspeed to her.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Budoka
Our deepest condolences from us here downunder to you and your family. Her memories will be with you forever and at 92 years old she would have witnesst a great deal of change and history in the world. Stay strong, our prayers are with you and your family.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Sorry for your loss my friend! I hope all goes well for you!

·
Super Moderator
28,436 Posts
Thoughts....................

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
Sorry for the loss of your Mom. Know that she is in a much better place. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. My Mom is going to be 96 in October and still pretty much on her own. I thank God everyday for her and the joy she brings to our family.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts