Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,175 Posts
i was looking on their website at some chrome brake levers for an 1100 wing, $36 plus shipping. not the greatest price but seems like they are the only place that has them. sorry i didn't order them saber doesn't have the best reputation so i'll wait until i have a few more parts and send the factory brake levers along with the rest to alocal chrome shop

·
Premium Member
24,539 Posts
That's a good call detdr. replating or powder coating is as good or better than spendin more coin on replacements

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I paid $300.00 for my bike and the factory wanted $47.00 a piece for a carb rebuild kit. They had all four for $32.00 plus 3.00 for 3 day shipping. Sounded good to me.

And I agree on the refurbing. Especially if you can send a bunch of stuff at once. Does the place you referred to have a website?

·
Super Moderator
15,175 Posts
i would spend a few more bucks and get a carb kit from http://www.randakks.com/ than deal with saber. thats why i am so reluctant to just order the chrome lever set and $36 is a bit high even saber is the only one that carries them

·
Super Moderator
12,287 Posts
REALLY? A large dealership that sells all four major brands of metric bikes and you have to order a freaking cotter pin? Nuts.
That's as bad as the dealerships in my area, they had to order sparkplugs for my 1200 and my friends 1500! They carry all kinds of clothing and accessories, but seem to have nothing in stock for repairs.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, good news. Got my carb rebuild kits. Shipped on Wednesday and sitting on my table when I got home from work today. The best part is everything is there. Getting the bike titled tomorrow, the carbs back on and then my first ride on the Wing!:D

·
Super Moderator
15,175 Posts
Well, good news. Got my carb rebuild kits. Shipped on Wednesday and sitting on my table when I got home from work today. The best part is everything is there. Getting the bike titled tomorrow, the carbs back on and then my first ride on the Wing!:D
we are expecting a ride report you know

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry Buzzard, sadly, no ride report. I did however sit in the DMV for three hours today getting it registered. I also got the carbs back on she fired up! :D It is making some top end noises so I have to adjust my valves tomorrow and get the rest of the airbox back in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.