Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone used these guys? I just placed the order and hour ago and they already sent me a reply that it was shipped! So far so good.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
i was looking on their website at some chrome brake levers for an 1100 wing, $36 plus shipping. not the greatest price but seems like they are the only place that has them. sorry i didn't order them saber doesn't have the best reputation so i'll wait until i have a few more parts and send the factory brake levers along with the rest to alocal chrome shop

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
That's a good call detdr. replating or powder coating is as good or better than spendin more coin on replacements

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I paid $300.00 for my bike and the factory wanted $47.00 a piece for a carb rebuild kit. They had all four for $32.00 plus 3.00 for 3 day shipping. Sounded good to me.

And I agree on the refurbing. Especially if you can send a bunch of stuff at once. Does the place you referred to have a website?

·
Registered
2 Posts
saber cycle

A few years ago when I was rebuilding carbs on a 1200 I needed carb rebuild kits with specific pieces that don't come in all kits. I saw the kit Saber advertised and they showed the pieces that I needed for the rebuild. Ordered them and they were shipped quickly. When the kits arrived, that part was not present. I called to see if they had changed kits. They told me it was an old photo and the kits are what they now ship. I asked for a refund and offered to pay shipping back. I told them the part I specifically needed was not present. They refused saying it was a special price and they don't give refunds. Multiple phone calls, some that were abusive (on their end) were made. They first refused to talk with me over the phone because it was purchased through their "online store" and they didn't accept phone calls. I had ordered them through their ebay store (which uses a seperate name) and had to get ebay involved. The whole process took a month without resolution. They simply refused to refund. Ebay, of course did nothing in the end.
After the initial purchase, I noticed a website that was simply called "SABERCYCLESUCKS". Now for someone to spend the money for a website by that name shoulda been my first clue.
I have a small retail business and I know that you cannot simply make everyone happy. You can refund, give them free merchandise, whatever they ask for and they still want a pound of flesh. That being said, I think Sabers reputation is somewhat deserved. They shipped quickly. Ordering from them was certainly easy. And they do carry hard to find items. BUT..
I certainly hope you have a better experience than I did but I will NEVER purchase from them again.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
i would spend a few more bucks and get a carb kit from http://www.randakks.com/ than deal with saber. thats why i am so reluctant to just order the chrome lever set and $36 is a bit high even saber is the only one that carries them

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guess I should have asked this question before I ordered. I really only needed the float bowl gaskets so hopefully they are in there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just bought the complete o ring and seat filter and seal washer and the bowl o ring for my 84 GL 1200 for under $10 dollars each ( 1 each carb ) from honda dealer near me on line. Very complete kit and top quality. The tiny 1 x 10MM cotter pins were harder to find than the o ring kits

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My dealer said they only sell the whole rebuild kit for $47.00 each. I am having the same trouble with the little cotter pins. Where did you get them?

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Dealer is not too far from me and has an on line store (www.dgy.com) and you can look up and order what ever parts that are still available. They have almost every bike listed with the microfiche pages. If the part number has the price next to it they can still get it, if no price or discontinued, or call for pricing then it is no longer available. I had to look up the choke linkage for a 1972 CB 175 for a cotter pin that is the same. But at 99 cents each it is steep. The on line pricing is quite a bit better than the in store price but There shipping is not always the cheapest and it may take 6-7 days to get your stuff but I have had good luck so far. It takes a few minutes to navigate thru the site but it is not too bad. If you do order something you end up registering to use and finish the process. Mine is a 84 Gl1200I if that helps

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks. I went to four different auto parts stores today and they all looked at me like I had a foot growing out of my forehead when I asked if they had the 1mm cotter pins. I went to the local motorcycle dealership (largest one in the area) and asked for them. The girl goes in the back and then comes out with four cotter pins big enough to hold two rail cars together. I had her look up the part and they said they had to order them at .99 a piece. REALLY? A large dealership that sells all four major brands of metric bikes and you have to order a freaking cotter pin? Nuts.

·
Super Moderator
11,800 Posts
REALLY? A large dealership that sells all four major brands of metric bikes and you have to order a freaking cotter pin? Nuts.
That's as bad as the dealerships in my area, they had to order sparkplugs for my 1200 and my friends 1500! They carry all kinds of clothing and accessories, but seem to have nothing in stock for repairs.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, good news. Got my carb rebuild kits. Shipped on Wednesday and sitting on my table when I got home from work today. The best part is everything is there. Getting the bike titled tomorrow, the carbs back on and then my first ride on the Wing!:D

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Well, good news. Got my carb rebuild kits. Shipped on Wednesday and sitting on my table when I got home from work today. The best part is everything is there. Getting the bike titled tomorrow, the carbs back on and then my first ride on the Wing!:D
we are expecting a ride report you know

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry Buzzard, sadly, no ride report. I did however sit in the DMV for three hours today getting it registered. I also got the carbs back on she fired up! :D It is making some top end noises so I have to adjust my valves tomorrow and get the rest of the airbox back in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts