Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick throw together for any interested, the plan for now is the Russians meet at my place for some garage time and mods on their bikes, then on April 1st ride up the Natchez Trace to Tupelo for lunch. After that we may split since I will be heading up to Madison AL for the rest of the week.

Just throwing this out incase others want to ride along or meet in Tupelo for lunch. Plans are wide open except for the date of April 1st since I have to be in Madison that night for work the next day. So sound off with Ideas or if you want to meet up.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
:skeptical::flyingpig::suspicious: Are you sure this isn't one of those April Fools Day things? Naw, not on Easter. :Suspicious:

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
So that's Garage Day, March30, ride to Tupelo, March31, go wherever Apr1. Right?

·
Super Moderator
14,245 Posts
Depending on work, I will be over for the garage days. If I can I'll ride up to Tupelo with y'all also. I've got a Nova Scotia travel guide I need to get to you. Maybe we can look at some maps too.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Hmmm....

Where is the garage, roughly? I am in Columbia, TN. I have March 30 free, but Central MS may be too far for just a day ride.

thanks
Go for a whole weekend and stay in the hotel. I'll split the room with you. I'm arriving Friday around lunchtime and leaving Sunday afternoon.
I have a friend who lives in Columbia TN. Last time I have visited Columbia was about 2 years ago. Nice little town.

·
Super Moderator
14,245 Posts
Looks like the rain will pass through Atlanta early tomorrow morning. So you will have a good day to ride over here. I think this is the first weekend of really good weather forecast in a long time.

·
Super Moderator
14,245 Posts
it was raining like hell this morning, bike got washed real good on the way to work.
That's why I took my car today......

Besides needing tires which I had hoped to take care of this afternoon. they were short one so that will be first thing in the morning. I also need to mow my weeds tomorrow before I'm free. Let me know what time y'all are thinking about for dinner.

Sunday ride to Tupelo is looking okay right now. Grandkids aren't scheduled to come around this weekend.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Friday is the only day I have free, and it looks like you are about 7 hours away. Google says 6, but never stops for food or gas. I would like to meet you guys, but I guess it will have to wait for another opportunity. If you are ever up towards Columbia, look me up!

·
Super Moderator
14,245 Posts
Well, the Russian invasion of one occurred today at Dustin's. We visited for a while and then headed to Mud Bugs in Brandon for a crawfish dinner. Tomorrow is a maintenance day.

Picture is Mark, Ralph, and Dustin.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
garage day went great, had great weather and evedthing went easy on Ralph's bike, ECM programed, brake and clutch fluids changed, and installed front and rear facing cameras with controler wired into the bikes power. Eddie even had time to change his oil then we all went a great BBQ place for dinner. All in all, good friends, food, and times.

·
Super Moderator
14,245 Posts
......and the proof......

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,245 Posts
Sunday morning Dustin, Ralph, and I met up along the Natchez Trace and rode up to Tupelo for lunch. The Trace is nice, but it's pretty straight in that 150 miles so not the best ride. But it was a beautiful day in the 70's and sunny. Hardly any traffic and we never caught up to anyone all the way. We had lunch and then all split up. Dustin heading to Huntsville to train this week. Ralph headed toward home in the Atlanta area. I headed to a couple stops around Tupelo where a Civil War Battle took place, July 14 & 15, 1864. (The Union Troops beat off Confederate attacks around town the first day. The second, as the Union forces headed back to Tennessee they again beat off Confederate attacks just north of town at Town Creek.) Then I headed back toward home along the Trace, but stopped at two Indian Mounds along the way. These were small, the Owl Creek site is well marked but the Bynum Mounds isn't explained very well. I made it home just before sunset after a 316 mile day.

Pictures;
1. Mandatory smoke break, every 100 miles or so.
2. Town Creek, 2nd day battle site
3. Tupelo monument, West Main Street
4. Owl Creek Mounds
5. This is where I was along the Trace when my bike went to 120,000 miles

Attachments

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Thanks for the update and photos. Say Mark, If you were to come up around here you can ride without getting any bugs on your windshield, well at least for a couple more weeks. It was good to see those splats but I am feeling a bit envious.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts