Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, brand newbie here, I have a '86 GL1200A, its a project bike that hadn't run in years, has 21K miles, fuel system was not varnished . I had drained and refilled fuel tank,
pulled carbs out and cleaned out fuel bowls, replaced needle and seat and set float level to specs. Starts and runs but is running rich. In fact ,I don't need to set the choke
to start up cold. Choke valves move so I didn't mess up the linkage re installing carb set. Any ideas where to start looking?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I start it cold, it fires right up as a warm engine would, without using the choke. All 4 spark plugs are carboned up equally, with 4 miles on new plugs.Can anyone shed light on what the secondary air supply system's function? Also has anyone had a problem with the starter valves? It seems like it affects all the cylinders equally, which is why the secondary air supply and all the vaccuum system underneath the carbs has my attention. But I haven't found any theory of operation on these systems. Any feedback is greatly appreciated

1 - 3 of 3 Posts