Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all ,,im new to this,but here goes i have a 85,1200 that after 30 to 50 miles at about any speed will get a random miss fire,,,,cold the bike fires right up and runns proper if you shut it down it will not have spark untill cooled down,,,possible cdi problems,,,,anybody got any ideas or have had this problem???????

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
First, welcome to the forum from Pa. Great college town Madison. I was there a few years ago with a friend for the PSU vs Wisconsin football game... I've never had a 1200 so I'm not much help to you on this one, but I'm sure other forum members will chime in here shortly. Hope you enjoy the site and ride safe...

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
wrench1960,
Welcome to the forum and greetings from Florida.
There's a good possibility that one of the pulse generators is going bad.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello wrench1960 and welcome to GWOF, could be a bad coil too

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Wrench,

I have watched alot here on this forum. You won't get bad advice here. Good luck and let us know how you fixed it.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Welcome from vermont. I have a 85 1200 but have not experienced what you described!

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Manual says to check iginition timing if the engine is running pooly (I think your miss qualifies), and thn move on to secondary and primary ignition circuitry. Don't discount the plugs themselves. You could also have a problem in the fuel system itself. Are the spark plug cables original? They could need replacing or even just the caps.

·
Super Moderator
11,809 Posts
Sounds like coils going bad. They tend to break down when hot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts