Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,844 Posts
I'm trying to think back to when I had my 98 GL1500... I think it was somewhere around 3,000. Maybe someone who currently has a 1500 can give a more accurate number.

Oh, and by the way, Welcome to the GWOF from Pennsylvania. If you update your info and location we will know where home is for you. Ride safe and enjoy...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RPM's at 65 mph

Thanks for the information. This is my first wing. At 66 mph I am running 3000 rpm's. I thought that might be a little high but I was not sure. If I can get this forum figured out I will update my profile. Again, thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
11,001 Posts
Can't help with the RPM to speed but can say G'Day from Down Under and welcom to GWOF. Eric

·
Super Moderator
28,433 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF & your RPM is probably fine. The key to good fuel mileage is to run below 3000 rpm on a 1500, should get between 35-40 running there but falls off significantly when cruising above that. I know you didn't ask that question but the info can't hurt a new Wing owner.

Ride safe & enjoy the site.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RPM's at 65 mph

Thanks to all of you that have responded to my question. Being a first time wing owner, I can use all the information I can get. Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
3000 rpm should have you near 70 mph, 60 mph is right at 2500 rpm

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I would say 70 MPG would be about 3000 RPM'S. Your speedometer could have been corrected and is reading correct at 66 MPH. The Gold Wings speedo's are off by about 4 mph and at 70 MPH you are actually only going about 66 mph. So the last owner could have had a speedo healer installed on it.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome PapaC. Drop me a PM if you need a hand with your user profile.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
thats incredable joe, 70mpg at 3000rpm. thats a good 20 mpg better than i've ever seen on either of my wings :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts