Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
16,233 Posts
Slow down? I don't think any of those will work enough to matter. But that's just mho. I'm sure there are others who who know better than me.

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
What year bike ? Always helps. There is an aftermarket final drive that lowers the rpm quit a bit. It is called Henry Final Drive.
A lot of favorable reviews.

Reactions: Limpy45

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
On other bikes, I've wanted to lower the RPM (my old Vulcan 900 for instance), but there's something about the sound of the Wing at around 3300-3500 that just sounds really good to me. It sounds happy there. Of course, it's also the sound of gasoline whooshing away fast, but still... it just sounds 'right' to me. I admit, the Henry's drive does sound interesting (just not in my price range).

Reactions: Limpy45

·
Registered
8 Posts
I see you have a Gen-5 Goldwing.... Google Henry Final Drive. See the YouTube posts. I'm in the 2Wheel4Fun post.
Also check out the posts here and the other forum. Over there I posted detailed installation and
update performance posts. My opinion = 👍👍👍👍
Feel free to conversation - PM me if you have questions.
Just corrected the YouTube above 11-22-22. I somehow hit the wrong key!!!

Corventure Dave

·
Registered
2012 comfort,navi,audio,XM/ 2002 1100 Shadow Spirit
1,721 Posts
I've been wanting the Henry final drive for a while now just to get the lower cruising RPM and a more usable 1st gear. I have enough Honda bucks saved I just have to convince myself to pull the trigger on one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts