Honda Goldwing Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21
There is a reason you get a surge of power at 80. That is where you are into the meat of the power-band in 5th gear. The GL1800 is a sport tourer, not a cruiser. OD is OverDrive, which I think of as the gear for the best gas mileage when taking it easy at 55-70. But if you want power, you need to be at 3500-4000 rpms before you get any real oomph. The bike is made for riding well into the 5000 range without any damage to the engine which is why it redlines at 6000. Only the gas mileage will suffer. Ride her hard a little and feel what she can do.
Hey so it turns out that rev-ing it higher makes it better. Went out for a ride today and kept the bike between 2500-4000 rpms and it was a lot more fun. It seems like the bikes likes it better around 3k. Will update you guys more about this. Thanks.

Registered
That is what I have tried to say in my own poor way my bike loves the 2500 to 3000 rev range and the roads I ride are anything but straight, some go back to before the revolution and they are just trails that followed the property lines of farms and then were widened and paved. But they are a hoot to ride.馃榿

Reactions: NREMTP

Registered
Discussion Starter #23
That is what I have tried to say in my own poor way my bike loves the 2500 to 3000 rev range and the roads I ride are anything but straight, some go back to before the revolution and they are just trails that followed the property lines of farms and then were widened and paved. But they are a hoot to ride.馃榿
Yes! It does absolutely love the 3k range. You are lucky to have twisty roads. Sadly where I am, It's mostly straights...but I looking around to find better places. Enjoy the twisty roads.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts