60mph should be right around 2500rpm

·
Administrator
26,225 Posts
I might be a bit off, but 75 mph is 3200-3300

·
Registered
9 Posts
70MPH 3000 RPM smooth as silk.... any faster and the gas goes GULP! GULP! But they run so smooth and strong at 80 MPH though... don't they?

·
Administrator
26,225 Posts
Well, look at it this way, the faster you are going when you run out of fuel, the farther you can coast!:cool:

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
70MPH 3000 RPM smooth as silk.... any faster and the gas goes GULP! GULP! But they run so smooth and strong at 80 MPH though... don't they?
I agree I keep mine at 70 , and boy does the gas gage go down when you pass 75

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well, look at it this way, the faster you are going when you run out of fuel, the farther you can coast!:cool:
Well I never thought of it that way before... Good idea!:cool:

·
Super Moderator
15,217 Posts
Oooh! Three White Wings in a row

tripplets

·
Super Moderator
15,217 Posts
Your sincerity is suspect.
i like white wings, before i got mine i was looking for either a '95 or '00 white and silver anneversery 1500 se

·
Administrator
26,225 Posts
Almost bought a 2005 White one before I bought the '09, but the guy had dropped it and broken the left fairing side vent. Piece wasn't overly expensive, but given the cost of the install in the shop (or the time and hassle of doing it myself), and what he wanted for the bike, I was better off picking up the new '09. I know it was only cosmetic, but paying almost new ($23k Cdn) for a then 4 year old that was 'damaged' goods, meh. Still am very partial to the white ones though. Doubt the "white knight" clan would have had me anyway, they're pretty exclusive y'know...:D

·
Super Moderator
9,870 Posts
:(It's been so long since I rode that I forget... If my memory serves me correctly I believe it's somewhere between 2500 and 3000...

·
Administrator
26,225 Posts
Mz. Vickie tells me it looks fine.....Does my bike look like an appliance to you ?
Well, to be 'perfectly' honest....Nah! A bit em, serviceable (I believe they call the colour "refridgerator" enamel white?) maybe but defo NOT Kenmore material:p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts