Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm stunned that the interface for the Navi has not the option of programming a route in a manner that is self-explanatory. (Or did I miss something?)

I want to put in a point-to-point-to-point route, but I either have to have a series of addresses or enter the cross streets for each point. Using the interface on the bike is tiresome at best in either of the situations.

So, anyone come across the nugget of information that makes this task any easier than the herding of cats job that it is now?

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Hi Rapier, I think you just saved me a bunch of money.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bill, glad I could help, I think... On another forum it was said to enter the data in reverse order. I'm gonna experiment with it, but I still think it is going to be confusing and hard to get the route points into the system.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Good answer Snoopy. Rapier I feel your pain, the unit in my wife's car (Acura RL) isn't much better; $70k car, .25c gps. At least my Wing was only $25k

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
That's why I bought the base model Gold Wing, I don't need their lousy GPS, you can a great after market GPS for under $300.00 that you can program your route, has an MP3 player and blue tooth.

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
That's why I bought the base model Gold Wing, I don't need their lousy GPS, you can a great after market GPS for under $300.00 that you can program your route, has an MP3 player and blue tooth.
+1 on what Joe said. I went the same way and I'm glad I did.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The best way to enter a route is enter the destination, then start with the via closest to the destination and work backward. You can do this by entering by name, or moving the cursor and entering the via. Then go to the sort menu, and make sure you have all the via's in the correct order. It's a pain, but it does work. What is a real shame, is that you can only have one route at a time, and can not save routes.

I also use my portable garmin, but can't see it as well in the sun light.

·
Premium Member
23,767 Posts
I'd take umbridge to your remark " lousy GPS " if it were not true. I haven't checked lately, but I think " wesexcellence " was working on converting the display to work as a video screen for DVD's. And we GPS'ers have the big screen. Seen any good movies lately while you were riding ?

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts