Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The MRI showed a large tear and muscle atrophy of the super spinousess. The surgeon is a great one and I respect his advice. He told me it was not going to get better with out surgery. I am not sleeping right now the pain is high and I can't afford to wait and damage it even more..
I should be back on my bike by the end of January...about eight weeks. I will start PT after three weeks. My wife works in PT and is going to help me on teh road to recovery. I want to be in shape by June of 2013

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
I don't know how winters are where you live, but around here it would be an OK time to be physically down.

·
Administrator
29,004 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Ouch!!! Yes, take the break. The roads will still be there when you're ready. And I'll be ready when one of us can get to the other end of the first leg of the ride. Take care.

·
Super Moderator
15,161 Posts
I don't know how winters are where you live, but around here it would be an OK time to be physically down.
hope you have a speedy recovery my friend

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you everyone. I may have some photos of the surgery when I have it done. I thought it would be good for those neediing it to see what it looks like...Being the director of the OR makes it easy to get done. (Good to be the boss ...sometimes):D

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
I hate to hear this buddy...Not sure if I am excited about seeing the blood and guts. I do hope you have a solid and speedy recovery.

·
Premium Member
7,999 Posts
:( Sorry to hear this Lee. Been there, done that, only mine was completely torn through, the big front tendon.:eek: The pain was so great that the surgery was a great relief. I was up and walking the hall pain-free for the first time in three months about 6 hours after surgery, and not due to meds.

The rehab sucks, but at least you live where snow and ice shouldn't be too big a problem. Good luck! I'm sure you've selected an excellent surgeon and you'll be back putting on 10,000 miles/month in no time!:D:cool:

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ref and anyone else that may be interested in doing an IB next year just let me know. I would be honored to do one with any of you...and I mean that.
I said this before I was told I was too old and I love proven that person wrong every time I complete another IB ride.. :D

again thank you all.

·
Premium Member
5,355 Posts
I'm in for a IB ride. Hope the shoulder heals well. I tore mine up in 1980 bad snow skiing, I thought I was Eddie the eagle turned out I was Wyliy Coyote and never had it fixed.

What part of NM you from? I was in Moriarty 10 weeks ago for my turnaround midway point on an IB ride.

·
Administrator
15,294 Posts
Very sorry to hear about your injury, but glad you can get it worked on soon. Hope you heal up quick. I'm up for a group IBA maybe we could all meet in Okalahoma or Missouri.

·
Premium Member
6,715 Posts
Back in the 90's I was involved in a head-on collision & I had to have not one, but two rotator cuff surgeries. My suggestion is to LISTEN to your doctor & when you start PT you take it slow. I was near full recovery when my therapist doubled my weight (to lift) and you could hear my rotator snap across the room... I had to have it done again. Me & my doctor were NOT happy! What I'm trying to say don't over do it.

Mark

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Good luck Lee, and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
Best of luck with it. You have a strong mind so you are halfway there.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Good Luck with your surgery, and nice to have extra help at home that knows what is going on. Also sometimes it's nice to be the boss, if you have good people that can handle things while you are gone, and leave you alone. If you have to run things from home, you don't get the rest you need. I was out for surgery one time, and my Doctor took my "Pager, & Cell Phone" turned them off and said you will get them back when I think you need them. That was the most enjoyable two weeks ever. He gave me a book to read and said enjoy this.
Rusty

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
Good luck and let it heal in its own time, don't rush it.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Likes been said , Sorry to hear you need the surgery, just don't rush the recovery, my sister in-law tried to push things along and is now paying the price. Let it heal well no I.B. is worth it.

·
Super Moderator
9,997 Posts
My friend just had that surgury done to his right shoulder and his recovery timeframe and plan is exactly what yours will be. Like others said, listen to the Doc and good luck. Hope everything goes well.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks charllie...I intend to listen ....right now it is getting worse every day ....I am not riding at all the pain is to high and I am afraid I will aggravate more...so while I dread the thought of surgery ...I also look forward to it...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts