Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first visit to the Tail of the Dragon today and it was raining but that didn't stop me - I rode it like an old lady, an old lady with an enormous smile! It was spectacular - even better than I imagined. I rode up from Murphy and then on to Knoxville. Not only was the Dragon a great ride the rest of 129 was a lot of fun too.

I would love to come back to ride in the dry and build my confidence but regardless of the speed you ride it, that is the best motorcycle experience I have had (in over 30 years).

Still smiling :D

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
My first visit to the Tail of the Dragon today and it was raining but that didn't stop me - I rode it like an old lady, an old lady with an enormous smile! It was spectacular - even better than I imagined. I rode up from Murphy and then on to Knoxville. Not only was the Dragon a great ride the rest of 129 was a lot of fun too.

I would love to come back to ride in the dry and build my confidence but regardless of the speed you ride it, that is the best motorcycle experience I have had (in over 30 years).

Glad you did it safely. I always say the Dragon will really test you. However, riding in the rain is the best time I had on it. No crazies to worry about. Congrats

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
No crazies ??? Wasn't you there?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts

You have followed in the tire tracks of legendary riders. If you left nothing behind except your own tread mark - that is a plus. Our group also rode it on a damp drizzly day , and as EFINREF previously stated , we practically had the whole road to ourselves.

·
Administrator
15,318 Posts
Glad you had a good ride. That is a fun road. I was on it a few years ago on a Saturday and it was pretty busy. The roads around there are just as good and better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I enjoyed the ride up to the tail from Murphy, NC - much tamer than the tail but still a lot of fun. I understand there are lots or roads in that area that are worth a visit - I will definately be returning. I live in Canada (just outside Toronto) so it is a long ride to get there- fortunately I have family in Atlanta that I can tie in to the trip.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
The Dragon is a great road. Hope to ride it again next year.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Still one on my bucket list. I'd say the same about Mulholland Drive, but there's too many squids there for me; makes for great videos of them binning it though:eek:

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Dragon is fun except on a weekend way too many nuts around. I like other roads even more than the Dragon like 151 "devils drop" off the parkway. and so many more so much better than the hype of the Dragon , but truly the Dragon is the right of passage to many bikers then so is the "Snake" .
Bill

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
The Dragon is a great road. Hope to ride it again next year.
we are taken GORDO with us and do not foget all the other roads they are just as good or better.

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
we are taken GORDO with us and do not foget all the other roads they are just as good or better.
Wait for me Pete......I will be glad to show the roads that are as good or better.:)

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
Your the guy for that and wait for it we will.

·
Administrator
15,318 Posts
Me too! Me too!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.