Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock Island State Park (Tennessee)

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Paulos 
#1 ·
Rode with STAR Chapter 424 to Rock Island State Park in Tennessee. This is my view from my trike.

See less See more
#2 ·
Sure looks like some interesting roads in that area. I've been close but not right there in the past. On 30 from Dayton across to McMinnville.

#5 ·
All around Rock Island State Park is number of nice rides, Burgess Falls just north, Old Fort State Archaeological Park to the southwest as well.

i was in the area today riding. Left Nashville down I-24 E towards Chattanooga and got off at Sewanee-Monteagle exit. We drove around the University of the South campus and stopped for lunch at the “Blue Chair” and sat outside as it was very nice day.

We visited the Memorial Cross on campus that has gorgeous view westward down the moutain

Attachments

#6 ·
After lunch my wife and I went down Hwy 56 towards Sherwood, TN and AL state line. That ride is a mini-tail of dragon as it was several mile downhill run that twists, switch backs and loop da loops. I missed the turn off to gravel parking lot to hike “Buggy Top Trail” and had to go into Sherwood, TN to find safe place to turn around.

The sign said “2 miles” to the cave. I think that sign is incorrect. I looked another place online and it said 3.7 miles. That is the one I am going to believe. Not very many people on the trail and it was pretty rugged area. Muddy with some ledges that kinda dangerous. Made it to the cave entrance and some swift strong water flowing that was impressive.

Headed back home and cleaned mud of us about 7 pm.

Attachments

Reactions: Chopin and Luv2fish
#8 ·
Rode with STAR Chapter 424 to Rock Island State Park in Tennessee.
We love riding through Rock Island State Park when we go to NC or GA. On our very first multi-day bike trip back in September of 2007 I just picked backroads down to Tellico Plains and happened through here. It was a pleasant surprise and I always try to go through this area if I have time. That trip was what started many miles of riding for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.