Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Thurs thru today, I took my new GW out on its maiden road trip for about 700 miles through West Georgia. Beautiful trip even with a little rain yesterday. It handled just fine in the rain but I was glad to have the snivel gear on to keep dry. Mileage was a solid 43 mpg and the engine ran beautifully. Today, I cleaned it up and made a few comfort adjustments and it is ready for many future trips. I give a BIG A+ to the Kuryakyn highway pegs and heel-toe shifter, Utopia backrest and Alaska sheepskin seat cover. I don't have an "iron butt" by any means so these made the trip much more enjoyable. The Zumo 660 GPS was great too but I have not learned how to use the Mapsource computer software yet to plan out a trip. That is the next step. This hobby is awesome and I LOVE my Goldwing!!

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
Good for you Dex, There is something about a Wing that just makes you want to smile & smile, mile after mile isn't there?:D:D:D

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Glad you had a good trip and hope there are many more planned. Ride safe..

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Sounds cool. Four more weeks then my wife and I are off to Robbinsville N.C to ride the Cherohala Skyway, and to ride the Tail of the Dragon (Deals Gap) again.We can not wait

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Sounds good, The first thing I put on my bikes is highway pegs and a back rest, makes all the difference in comfort.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts