Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
plannin a road trip - MD to KY ( :D ) - and was wonderin should i change my oil/filter before i go? i have 1100 miles on my '08. i ride gently, operating 90% of the time under 4000 rpm's and shifting at 3000 rpm's generally.

any expierence with the beaded seat covers. thinkin about a backrest and passenger armrests. anything else? thoughts?

from baltimore, we're taking the skyline dr./blueridge pkwy to lexington.va and spending the night then jump on 64 to shelbyville, ky. return will probably be all highway.

thanks - R :cool:

·
Registered
27 Posts
oil and filter should be fine. Keep in mind that skyline drive is 106 miles long at 35 mph while the blueridge parkway is 45 mph. Beaded seats are not that great. Adding the arm rest and back rest and great ideas. Hope you have a great and safe trip.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks leeintn10 - why did you mention the mileage and speeds? well, i know why the speeds were mentioned i suppose - to keep my "hand out of it" :eek: eh? appreciate that. but the mileage? am i missing something? R

·
Registered
27 Posts
I mentioned the mileage because the trip is slow and boring. Most of the time there is a haze in the air and the view is not that great. I have been on that drive too many times, i normally cut it short at about 36 miles and get off at 211 and head to warrenton. the other thing is there is a buffer zone on the park, nobody lives up next to the road like they do on the blue ridge parkway. just watch your speeds on both parts of the ride, they do enforce it. and again, have a good safe ride.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for that - don't want boring. i've been on the skyline several times over the years and your right now that i think about it, that the views are most likely fogged in. we would hit that area about10 am on a mid october morning and fog would rule. R

1 - 5 of 5 Posts