Honda Goldwing Forum banner

41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,007 Posts
Picked up the Mobil 1 on the way home from work last night. Oil change today, wash the trike and do a general maintenance inspection. After that, if I don't find anything we should be good to roll.

·
Super Moderator
14,094 Posts
I did my neglected spring cleaning last weekend so it's all shiny and will slip through the wind easy. I got off work early enough yesterday to ride the long way home and then change the oil. Topped off the radiator reservoir and tightened the bolt that always seems to loosen on the mirror wings. Tires look good, now we wait for Christmas morning.....:present:

Sure looks fast, don't it!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Wait we have to clean these things ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
28,007 Posts

Didn't you see the thread from @edmKC and his collapsible bucket???

C'mon man get with it. :biglaugh:

By the way if you want, you can wash mine for me at the Westgate. I'm so so so hoping to hear Party Time bellow out a........Oh windshield boy!

·
Registered
852 Posts
I did my neglected spring cleaning last weekend so it's all shiny and will slip through the wind easy. I got off work early enough yesterday to ride the long way home and then change the oil. Topped off the radiator reservoir and tightened the bolt that always seems to loosen on the mirror wings. Tires look good, now we wait for Christmas morning.....:present:

Sure looks fast, don't it!
If you look really close you can see a few bugs on the front. Can't see them?? Wait till Pa. and I will point them out .

Ride safe

Brian

·
Administrator
26,311 Posts
Fossil roasted me pretty good over the bugs when we met up...everyone's a critic...

·
Super Moderator
14,094 Posts
Yeah, once a year at least. It was in the purchase contract. You mean you haven't been doing it?

Actually do mine real good once a year. Polish and wax. After that it might get a quick wash or the bugs cleaned off on a trip. Usually on a not pretty day also. Pretty days are for riding.

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Its a fine line. If you wash it too much, you're not a rider. If you never wash it, it looks like one of those Mad Max bikes.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
I am almost ready, got the tire on, the new windshield deflector, cash set aside, but have 2 problems.....I threw out my back yesterday, but think I will be fine by next Friday and I even rode to work so really doubt that will stop me. I did the Hat run with Mark while my back was acting up so I can ride either way.

the 2nd issue just makes me mad and almost got the dog killed, lucky for the dog my back is hurt! After finishing up the wind deflector yesterday my back was hurting bad so did not clean up and left the box of goodies on the floor in the shop, well the dog decided to pull out he bubble wrap, the empty deflector box and the brand new oil filer and chew on them all.....in the dirt of course!! At least she didn't get the oil out of the to wash it all down. So now gotta order another filter, so not a huge issue.

·
Super Moderator
14,094 Posts
Our incident meteorologist called me this morning with a preliminary forecast. Should be highs in the mid 70's and lows in the mid 50's. Rain chance is pretty good Thursday night and ending Friday morning. But that's 10 days out so still a little suspect. Sounds good to me.

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Got the Mighty ST brakes on. She is sitting on ready. Now we watch the weather. I do not plan on riding in a monsoon.

41 - 60 of 103 Posts