Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a cool site. Not just for us Northeasterners. I just wanted to get rid of the Tiffany crap being peddled & to start guys talking about something.

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/

Site is easy to navigate just click on a state, than region etc etc.

Ride Safe All:cool:

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
someone on another forum i visit posted that link

·
Super Moderator
9,846 Posts
Fossil, I've been on a number of the roads in Pa and they are great. Planning on trip to Va to do the Skyline Dr and BRP in October. Did part of them in June but going back for the fall foliage. Should be spectacular.

·
Registered
692 Posts
This is a cool site. Not just for us Northeasterners. I just wanted to get rid of the Tiffany crap being peddled & to start guys talking about something.

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/

Site is easy to navigate just click on a state, than region etc etc.

Ride Safe All:cool:
... HOWDY ... FOSSIL ... WANT TO THANK YOU FOR THE LINK ... I KNEW ABOUT THE OREGON ROADS BUT THIS JUST OPENED NEW TRAVELS ... LOOK OUT ROADS HERE I COME ... HAPPY TRAILS ...

·
Super Moderator
28,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did part of them in June but going back for the fall foliage. Should be spectacular.
Two Wheel, some friends, spouse, wife & I are planning similar trip but going North. They have a Camp near Wellsboro. We're heading there one night, Next day going up 15 to The Glen, some wineries, around Senca Lake, back to their camp & home the next day. Hope for Good weather & beautifal scenery.

... HOWDY ... FOSSIL ... WANT TO THANK YOU FOR THE LINK ... I KNEW ABOUT THE OREGON ROADS BUT THIS JUST OPENED NEW TRAVELS ... LOOK OUT ROADS HERE I COME ... HAPPY TRAILS ...
'Zilla glad to be of service. I find myself on a rainy weekend checking out neigboring states as well as PA for interesting roads to go on. I've gotten several ideas & wife and I have actually done some of them. I even checked out some for the big trip next year even though we won't have a lot of spare time.

Speaking of fun rides & things to do, Two Wheel have you ever gone across the Millersburg Ferry?

·
Super Moderator
9,846 Posts
Two Wheel, some friends, spouse, wife & I are planning similar trip but going North. They have a Camp near Wellsboro. We're heading there one night, Next day going up 15 to The Glen, some wineries, around Senca Lake, back to their camp & home the next day. Hope for Good weather & beautifal scenery.
Fossil, Just took a trip to Welsboro and the Grand Canyon on August 14th. Went up 15 and came home on Rt 6. Have a safe trip.

·
Super Moderator
28,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Two Wheel, but did you ever go across the Millersburg Ferry?

The ferry runs odd hours so do some research. Wife & I went across with 17 Vulcans in summer. Ferry holds about 18 bikes & takes aprox. 20 minutes. It was fun & all the Kaw riders were checking out the Wing & salivating.

That is a pretty cool thing to do. In your case go South on 15 & you come to Duncannon area actually before there. Get on the ferry go across the SuzyQ & get off at Millersburg 209 or you can pickup 147 back up into Sunbury.

·
Super Moderator
9,846 Posts
Thanks Two Wheel, but did you ever go across the Millersburg Ferry?

The ferry runs odd hours so do some research. Wife & I went across with 17 Vulcans in summer. Ferry holds about 18 bikes & takes aprox. 20 minutes. It was fun & all the Kaw riders were checking out the Wing & salivating.

That is a pretty cool thing to do. In your case go South on 15 & you come to Duncannon area actually before there. Get on the ferry go across the SuzyQ & get off at Millersburg 209 or you can pickup 147 back up into Sunbury.
Haven't tried that one yet. Been down that way a lot in a cage on my way to brother-in-laws in Mifflintown though. I'll have to check it out. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had a nice ride last summer across the border in Canada. We travel in a Land Yacht (RV) and tow our Wing on a trailer. We wanted to explore the north shore of Lake Erie. Checked out a really nice beach called Crystal Beach, went to Old Fort Erie and decided to ride north a ways. i don't know the route #, but we rode along the Niagara River all the way up to the Falls. Not much traffic, good road, and wonderful scenery. A couple days later we went to Port Dover. What a biker town! Google Friday the 13th and check out the tradition Port Dover has. It was something we never expected.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Great site fossil!! Thanks for the heads up!!:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts