Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I flew one-way to Sacramento and pickup up my dads 1982 GL1100 Interstate .... It had set for about 2 yrs. I had him take it to his local Hondo Dealer for a complete checkup and after $500.00, he called and said it was ready to roll. What they missed was the try-rotted tires, After riding over 550 miles the back tire had lost chuncks of rubber. Now I'm looking for a pair of tires for this cadillac of bikes, can someone tell me what is the maximum tire I can put on the back, the current tore-up tire is a Dunlop 491 Elite 2, MU90 B16 78H, can I put a 14/80 16 or is that to wide? Please help me with the tire size that would be the best for this awesome cruiser?

·
Registered
690 Posts
... Howdy ... The Bikes Design / Proformance Is Set For A Certin Size Tire ... I Would Stay Within Those Lines ... If You Are Trying To Get That Fat BOBBER Look You Might End Up Looking At The Bike From The Ground ... Happy Trails ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Need a good replacement...

ThanX, Ron, but I'm not looking for a fat boy tire, just looking for a good replacement... can i use a 14/80 - 16?

·
Registered
690 Posts
... Howdy ... Try A Google Search For Tires That Will Fit That Year And Model ... All These Different Tire Manufactures Keep Me Confused Most Of The Time ... Happy Trails ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Orange County Honda

ThanX, RonZ ..... I limped my GoldWing to Orange County Honda this afternoon ... They are really helpful and have ordered a set of new Dunlop 491's. ThanX angain for the input, I 'll be winging-it ....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts