Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 1982 honda goldwing interstate gl1100 i would like to paint the black wheels that are on it to a chrome like color, any ideas on what paint and methods?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Rim Paint

I Think If I Were Going To Refinish My Gl1100 Rims I Would Give Some Serious Consideration To Having Them Powder Coated. I Do A Little Powder Coating For Myself And There Is A Powder That Is Called "almost Chrome" That I Have Used In The Past. It Is Amasingly Realistic Looking And The Powder Coat Would Be A Lot More Durable Than Paint At About The Same Cost. Check With Your Local Powder Coating Shop And See What They Suggest. Good Luck

·
Registered
13 Posts
Rim Paint

Why not just strip them and polish them???
I LOOKED AT MY RIMS AGAIN, AND TO POLISH THEM WOULD BE A NIGHTMARE,, ALL THE BOLTS, RIVETS, ECT. ALSO THE FINISH IS NOT ALL THAT SMOOTH SO IF YOU COULD GET INTO ALL THOSE LITTLE PLACES IT WOULD TAKE A LOT OF POLISHING TO GET THE CHROME LIKE SHINE. IF YOU DO DECIDE TO GO THAT ROUTE THEN "MOTHERS" MAKES A PRETTY GOOD ALUMINUM POLISH..

·
Registered
691 Posts
Hmmmm I have been thinking about what to do with mine. The powder coat is a good idea. Next time I change rubber I'll take them in and do just that.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I've gone the polished route on other bikes. Looks great but requires constant upkeep. I think the almost chrome powdercoat idea sounds the best.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts