Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears that the rims are clearcoated, I'm not sure on this. Do any of you use any type of chemical cleaner or is it just soap and water. Again, thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
157 Posts
They are not coated. If using soap and water satisfies you then your good.
I use mothers aluminum polish-paste type. Just did mine yesterday. takes about 30 minutes each wheel.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Never-dull will scratch aluminum. you may not see it but through time you will. I have a complete polishing set up, hand held (for large stuff like wheels) with 6-8-10 inch wheels and a bench polisher. I have several types of wheels and many flavors of compounds. Never-dull is good on rusted chrome or hard to remove debris-built up. I also have a wheel jig I use for wheels for a chrome like finish. It's power driven, takes a lot of the work out and does things really fast.
There is a lot of good polishes available now, I stick to mothers because it works and will not scratch. For just normal cleaning I use the mothers in the red plastic container. Does it good and doesn't take long. For a real high shine I use mothers billet.
If you want in a good detailed for wheels consider a 10 inch buffing wheel with red rouge.
With the center stand it makes it really easy to do.
Just a thought
dd

·
Registered
691 Posts
Dremil with a 520 polishiong wheel followed by moyhers aluminum/mag polish. May take a while but will look great.

·
Registered
905 Posts
dirtdobber, I have used never-dull for over 40yrs. It is made for aluminum. Still have some of the aluminum I use it on that is now 30yrs old and have never seen it scratched. You sure your polishing cloth did not have dirt in it?

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Not that I do it every wash day, but I use Mothers and their Powerball. Works for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts