Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i dont get allot of personal time to ride , 4 kids and a 24 hr store will do that , i ride to work almost every day 40 miles each way , so every chance i get i will ride to the store to get milk ride to the mall get a haircut , or i will ride like short trips 15 miles down the road and come back just to get some riding in , i was just wondering how many of you guys do this or you just take real rides and trips?

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
I do that every chance I get.

The wife and I hook up the trailer and head out to the grocery store to buy a couple of weeks groceries. I like telling the cashier when we are checking out that we are on a motorcycle and see their reaction...LOL....course I don't tell them about the trailer....LOL.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
It's only the last approx. 5 years I started doing road trips. I do ride to work and chores for the most part. I do live in the suburbs (around 45 min.) from downtown Toronto and have no desire to be there. Much happier riding north.

·
Premium Member
11,007 Posts
Yes I get things at the shops on the bike. And put as many miles open road as posiable. Eric

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
I try to ride everyday. My wife isn't crazy about but rides some. I want to stretch out some rides, but right now, I take what I get.:)

·
Registered
515 Posts
yep, sounds pretty normal to me! Rode to dinner with the wife saturday night, Wallyworld yesterday for a bag of dog food, a lof of bread and a box of lucky charms. Today a 50mi round trip to work and back...I ride every chance I get.

·
Super Moderator
14,420 Posts
Short trips, like to work or for small stuff, I take the Yamaha all the time. If I need a few things I'll take the Gold Wing. I also look for any excuse to ride even if it is just to the store and back. But I also try to slip in all day rides two or three times a month and wish I had more time for week or even two week trips. I got one ten day in the spring and have been planning on a week trip in the fall.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Short bursts here. I work mostly every other Saturday ( usually a half day ) so a can get in a short ride. Sunday is generally a free day for me. Mz. Vickie may or may not go depending on her Real Estate needs. But she doesn't grudge me going somewhere.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I ride every chance I get. My work is about 70 miles round trip, so I ride every day, unless its raining when I leave in the morning. I will even ride the bike if it is not raining in the morning, but is suppose to rain later in the day. I dont care if I get wet on the way home in the rain. Other then that, I ride every chance I get. Wife and I are leaving next weekend for a 3 day trip on the bike. The place we are staying is only about an hour and a half away, but we are planning on riding someplace each day.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
i live a block away from a grocery store, but I ride 10 miles to save $.15 on a loaf of bread..... if I can do it on the bike. No dice in the pickup.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm with BigDaddy. I ride most days - did today - to work each day. Yesterday, me and the Mrs. went for a huge breakfast of fat/cholesterol/triglycerdies and other vitamins :). Then we rode another 4 miles or so to the Atlantic and walked a bit on the boardwalk. Drove along the water and then back home. Went to Disney a couple of days last week and also did 800 miles to Savannah and back...ya every chance I get.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ride EVERY chance I get. Tonight I no more than got off the bike when I realized we were "low" on Advil, so back on the bike I went! Of course I had to take the long way to the farthest store in town..

·
Registered
89 Posts
Since I live in the country with the nearest store about 15mi away, I jump on the bike whenever I don't need the truck. I try to get in an all day ride at least once a week. A 2-4 day trip once a month and a 4-6 week trip once a year. Had planned a trip to Winnepeg for this summer, but the wreak and my healing time put a stop to that. I am not up to riding much yet, my back is better but my neck is still pretty screwed up. The helmet gets very heavy after 30 min or so. I am using the lightest helmet I have right now. I am giving it another go at it tomorrow. Hope to do an all day ride, but will have quite a few more rest stops than normal.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Commute to work lots on the bike, whenever I don't need the pickup. Doesn't usually matter what the weather forecast is, I ride rain or shine. Like to get out on a longer ride as often as time permits though.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
last couple days i woke up and it wasnt raining , i didnt even look at the weather i think my fear of driving in the rain is going away , drove 3 times in the rain last week alone and would never have done that before , the goldwing is a beast

1 - 15 of 15 Posts