Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about everyone else, but every since I got the new wing I am either riding her, wishing I was riding on her, or reading these forums.

I still go to the back door and peek through the curtains to make sure she is ok.

Will I ever feel like my wing is just another form of transportation? I hope not.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
It does bring a smile to our face, excitement to our lives and $$ out of our bank account. Ride safe...

·
Registered
300 Posts
I hear ya Dougie. I do the same thing. In fact, I lie in bed, and before I drift off to sleep, I think about the next day and when,or IF, I can sneak in some riding time, then where I'm going to ride, or, maybe, what little repair or upgrade I can do. Sheesh!! You's think I've never owned a bike before. Oh wait, that's right, I haven't!!! This is my first one. (I kinda think it's like your first girlfriend)
And Two Wheel, I agree. It DOES take $$$$ out of your pocket. I am finding this out the hard way, trying to keep my '86 1200 running and/or looking fairly sharp.

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
I am at work right now so I can make the payment I just sent in. I want/need to get so many things for the bike. I honestly would rather buy some stuff for the bike than buy food. I could stand to lose some lbs, but still. The Honda comercial I wanna ride, is me. I am on my last day of vacation (I know I work 3 jobs) and I only got to ride one good day :mad:

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Work is the curse of the riding class. I can and do commute often with the bike, but when the raindrops are the size of pingpong balls I take the truck and wish for the bike and better days.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
I agree that the thoughts turn to riding this wonderful bike maybe more then is healthy. Especially when you live in a country where one is lucky to ride for 6 months out of the year.I was in Europe a few weeks ago and although I had a grand old time the thoughts turned to riding my new Goldwing in the wide open country of Alberta.
The weather has been terrible since I have returned and I have scanned the weather channel more then ever before. Hopefully I will get some riding in this week. Safe riding out there to everyone and enjoy.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Doug sounds like you got it bad. But that's OK. you have Company.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wife says it is a mid life crisis. That is ok, I will wear that hat all the way to the chrome store.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Well Dougie.....if its your midlife crisis and your 45:confused: I would be thrilled with 90:cool:.....what about you. Owning the great machines give us something to be enthusiastic about. Keeps us smiling.:D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My wife and kids keep me feeling young. Wife is 33, kids at home are 10 and 5.
Also have a 16 yr old daughter, 21 year old son, 23 yr old daughter, and two grand kids.
When god said go forth and populate the earth I took him literally.
I am old enough now to appreciate the simple things like a child's smile, and a relaxing ride on a Goldwing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts