Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Pocahontas County, West Virginia just might be the motorcycle Shangri La. Hugging the western Allegheny Mountains in southern West Virginia, this rider's paradise offers little traffic, unsurpassed natural beauty and warm, welcoming people.

There's an endless list of reasons why it's becoming a magnet for bikers of all kinds - from sport to dual-sport to cruisers and touring bikes.

More: Riding West Virginia's Pocahontas County on Motorcycle.com

·
Registered
9,597 Posts
Now that is haven i love the area> have fun>

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
I would love to do that...Looks very interesting

·
Registered
9,597 Posts
The Old Clark Inn is a great place and great people and north on 219 is the Brazen Head another great place in Mongo and thay have food and drink.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Thanks for the info. We are leaving Florida for Nova Scotia and plan to do some riding on the way home. We are going to play in the Smokies for a couple of days and continue north. I will include this area in our planner.

·
Premium Member
23,812 Posts
Thanks for the info. We are leaving Florida for Nova Scotia and plan to do some riding on the way home. We are going to play in the Smokies for a couple of days and continue north. I will include this area in our planner.
When you coming through that area ?

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
When you coming through that area ?
We leave the middle of this week. I was hoping to catch up with you guys in the Smokies but I have to be home by the 17th so we will miss you. :( I will blaze the trails for you guys to follow.

·
Premium Member
23,812 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
you are right

my friend you are so right about Wv. i grew up in Bluefield Wv and it was great for riding all kinds of motorcycles keep riding and be safe

·
Premium Member
5,397 Posts
I've rode there before and would do that again and real soon if anyone is up for it?

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Im in Southern VA now let me know if it is gonna be a weekend ride I would be interested.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Been there...done that...

Vacation this summer was spent riding that area for a few days. From Black Water Falls thru Seneca Rocks to the Green Bank area into Marlinton and back north to Pa. and home. Beautiful scenery and roads. 1/2 day was spent dodging and not dodging thunderstorms and HAIL storms on the way to Marlinton motel. We got soaked but the people at the motel couldn't have been nicer. They let us use their clothes dryer to dry all of our wet stuff. Good meal, clean room made all worth while. I would like to go that way again and ride some of the roads we missed. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts