Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found a reminder in my emails from Gold Wing owners that they had not heard from me for a while.

My '84 Interstate is still asleep in the garage, but thanks for the reminder from Gold Wing Owners that happier days are just around the corner.

The groundhog says we are in for an early spring.

Can't Wait! :)

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Oh did we have a winter ? LOL sorry just had to rib the cold country. You all can rib me when we have our heat blast furnance summers.

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
Spring is on it's way:eek:Or is that a noreaster:eek:No no yes it's spring.:D

·
Administrator
29,002 Posts
The groundhog says we are in for an early spring.

Can't Wait! :)
Hope you're right but I can tell you this. In Pa we have learned not to trust that !#@$&*^ Groundhog.;)

·
Super Moderator
15,160 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so i can add groundhogs to the list?
never trust a groundhog, weatherman or a politician :D
Latest polls indicate that even the cockroach is more popular than a politician.....so groundhogs must be way far up the list in popularity.

At least the lowly groundhog can give us some sense of hope of better days to come. Can't say that about politicians these days.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
You have all just made me feel good ...that my move from Maine to New Mexico was the right one. I didn't even know winter was here:D I thought it was still summer....:)

·
Administrator
29,002 Posts
You have all just made me feel good ...that my move from Maine to New Mexico was the right one. I didn't even know winter was here:D I thought it was still summer....:)
Showoff!:mad:

Your still my pal though.:D

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Showoff!:mad:

Your still my pal though.:D
Fossil you sure are ....and sorry I do feel your pain..I remember very well. Winter back east always depressed me too cold...too much ice....not enough bike time...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Man your'e a lucky dog. I would love to live in New Mexico but can't dynamite my wife out of Iowa.
Loved the Iowa winters when I was 10 years old, but now that I'm 61 I can't stand them. It's the most depressing 3 or 4 months of the year.
Of all our travels over the years I love NM the best. Beautiful state and best overall weather in my book.
I want to retire there, but kids and grandkids are more important to my wife.
:(

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
You don't ride in winter? I ride year round. Rain or shine. I even rode through snow on my way from Couer D'Alene to Seattle through Snoqualmy Pass on my Shadow Sabre with no windshield!
That trip started in Yuma, AZ, to CDA, to Seattle, to Reno, Vegas and back. Sweet ride.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You don't ride in winter? I ride year round. Rain or shine. I even rode through snow on my way from Couer D'Alene to Seattle through Snoqualmy Pass on my Shadow Sabre with no windshield!
That trip started in Yuma, AZ, to CDA, to Seattle, to Reno, Vegas and back. Sweet ride.
There are guys here that do ride in the winter...but I'm not one of them. I do know a couple of guys that will ride in the winter as long as the streets are dry.
They consider me a wuss because I won't even get the bike out of the garage if it's less than 50 degrees. Plus I'm very particular about where and in what weather I ride.
I have G.W. Interstate and I have vowed it will never see rain, dirt, or gravel roads because I absolutely hate cleaning the thing. I love to ride a bike that looks freshly detailed and I fight to keep it that way. Seems like these bikes have 10 thousand nooks and crannies that can collect dirt and dust seems to take me three days to detail it out again.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
My wife just told me about a posting on the internet .....States that have people moving out due to jobs..New York, New Jersey, Illinois, West Virginia and New Mexico. Thank God I have been blessed my wife and me are both doing very very well and both of us have jobs that are in demand. I love it here as does my wife. I just can't take the cold anymore....nor do I want to. Plus year round riding.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts