Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How many of you bikers ride to your place of employment on a regular schedule. :confused:

Before I retired I rode on a daily basis, now I just pretend to. I generally wind up at a fishing hole or some other useful place :D:D

·
Super Moderator
28,442 Posts
Ride to work whenever possible but must admit it's usually on the Nighthawk. Live 5 miles from work it's a pain to drag the Wing out. The only time I bring the Wing to work is if I need to go to a jobsite that I can put at least 60 miles on it.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
16 miles each way from my acreage to the office, all hard surface although the fist 1/2 mile is cold mix (we call it "Chinese Pavement"). Unless the weather is pure crap I'm on the bike, or if I need the truck for some reason. Nice days I can take over a hundred miles to get hom via the scenic route. Same road I took the fall photos on.

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
I ride to work and my work mate don't understand why. Because with all of the gear that I need to take for 6 days away will not fit on the bike. So Vanessa takes it to work in the car for me. Then she has the car when I am away. But when I get back I may be in the early hours of the morning or she might be at uni., and I can still get home.

·
Super Moderator
28,442 Posts
I ride to work and my work mate don't understand why. Because with all of the gear that I need to take for 6 days away will not fit on the bike. So Vanessa takes it to work in the car for me. Then she has the car when I am away. But when I get back I may be in the early hours of the morning or she might be at uni., and I can still get home.
Wow, there is a lot happening there. I'm not sure I still know what goes on.:confused::confused::confused:

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
I got a 'work at home' gig; the Wing only comes out for getting AWAY from work!

·
Super Moderator
7,664 Posts
Let's see I ride the Wing to do grocery shopping, to tech school and just out for a spin. Don't have a car or truck, so I just deal with what Mother Nature may throw at me.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I thought about it at first, but the idea of riding 25 miles each way through the heart of Vegas at rush hour with all the gravel trucks, ladders and other crap in the road, then having to leave my Wing parked outside all day in the relentless desert sunshine changed my mind. I'm inclined to stick to the weekend trips on the open roads.

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
A week ago I rode my bike to work. I drove it through the secondary entrance, across the meeting hall Pergo floor, and into the warehouse. There she sits until spring.

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
from about mid-march until november i ride one of the wings to work most every day

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I am a daily rider to work for groceries for what ever, I simply love to ride. She needs snow shoes now any body have some that will fit my 1200 Interstate!! Hehehehe

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I ride most of the time to work on my wing, it's about 20 miles each way.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I ride every day 25 miles each way. Hate when rains or gets cold. Were in a cold front now for the next 4 days 60s in the days 39 at night. I ride in the 50s anything below is to cold for me. Safe riding and Happy Holidays To All

·
Registered
515 Posts
I'll ride whenever I can during my riding season (March to Nov), even pull the trailer when necessary. Work takes me down the road aways more often than not, the shortest trip out of town is about 75mi one way, the longest 200. My chance to get away from work while going to it!

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
Ok, Let see if I can explain it a bit better. We have one car registered and one bike registered and when I go to work it's for 6 days at a time. If I get Vanessa to take me to work so that she has the car for the 6 days, when I arrive back it maybe in the early hours of the morning. In that case I would be dragging her out of bed at 2 or 3 in the morning to come and get me. Now if I take the bike to work when I get back at 2 or 3 in the morning I don't disturb the sleeping beauty. At a more reasonable hour I take the car down to work and pick up everything. In the situation of me getting home during the daylight hours and she is at UNI. I am not stuck there because I can get home on the bike. The amount of thing I have to take to work is everthing to be self sufficient for 6 days. There are no shops, no service stations. If you don't have it when you leave you don't have it. You take your clothing for 6 days and food. Work for 8 hrs, cook eat rest for 8 hour and repeat every 8 hrs. There is a lot going on for sure. I have unusual working conditions. It's 1600 mile each way. I hope I have explained it better. Eric

·
Registered
141 Posts
I try not to mix business and pleasure, therefore the Wing sits in the garage until the work is done, then its purely for fun. Maybe once or twice a year I need to get something in a nearby town, and the weather is great, I will take 2 wheels.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
My trip is about 12 miles and it is either the Shadow 1100 or the 1500 Wing. When I need more wind protection I go with the wing otherwise I like the sound of the 1100...being a hot rodder at heart. No the better half will not let me change the Wing since she has ridden on the back of the Shadow.

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
My main work place is downtown and when I'm paying for the parking garage I will ride a bike to work. Right now we are either taking a lot of time off work for the holidays or at meetings so I'm parking on the street when I go downtown. I barely feel comfortable leaving my car on the street down there let alone a motorcycle. Starting in February I'll be back to paying for parking and riding a bike every day it doesn't rain. Some times I work in a nearby district and ride a bike there almost every time.

So the short answer is yes, if the chance of rain isn't over 60%.

·
Super Moderator
28,442 Posts
Eric, I think I've got it now! Sounds like an interesting situation.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts