Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I 'll be riding to Lancaster Sunday, May 1, 2011. Leaving Centreville , VA with at least one other double up rider. Open invitation to join or meet up in the Lancaster, PA. area.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I 'll be riding to Lancaster Sunday, May 1, 2011. Leaving Centreville , VA with at least one other double up rider. Open invitation to join or meet up in the Lancaster, PA. area.
Once you hit Pennsylvania watch for all the pot holes and deer. You may want to consider wearing a gas mask when you enter the farm country. :D
Ride safe

·
Premium Member
23,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have five bikes heading up to Lancaster tomorrow ( Sunday ). Two Wings, two Harley Glides and a VTX. Two double up, one double up with a dog in a travel pouch and two solo riders. A veritable traveling circus.

·
Premium Member
10,999 Posts
Have fun Chopin114, look forward to the ride report and photos. I have been out riding this week and put on 1000 miles. Eric

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
Have a good time Chop. Looks like good weather will be your guide. Ride safe and enjoy. Oh, and spend lots of $$$. Pennsylvania needs the sales tax....LOL

·
Premium Member
23,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Overcast but dry for the trip up there. Overcast and wet for the return home. And I chose this day to wear my half shell helmet. A face-shield would have come in handy for the ride home.

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
Sorry you hit rain. Don't you carry zip lock bags? I think the gallon size would fit over your head.... LOL.. Glad you had a safe trip...

·
Premium Member
23,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ziploc ? Mind if I ponder the possibilities. They laughed at Fulton's steam boat.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Picture this: During the rain, Chopin is leading and in his infinite wisdom, leads all 5 bikes under cover - in a do-it-yourself car wash bay. I found this to be just slightly ironic!

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Did they wash the bikes while waiting for the storm to pass?

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Nope, nary a quarter was dropped. hehe

·
Super Moderator
14,409 Posts
Sounds like a fun run. No pictures?

·
Premium Member
23,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds like a fun run. No pictures?
My photographer was sleeping in the back seat on this ride. I was lead rider so my attention was on those behind me and what was up ahead. Better than that ride was the one Mike, Kate and I took last Saturday to Appomattox, VA. Here is where the war of " Northern Aggression " was finally put to rest.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
My photographer was sleeping in the back seat on this ride. I was lead rider so my attention was on those behind me and what was up ahead. Better than that ride was the one Mike, Kate and I took last Saturday to Appomattox, VA. Here is where the war of " Northern Aggression " was finally put to rest.
I love the Civil War sites. So much to see, so many stories and such beautiful scenery to enjoy (regardless of what side you were on). Thanks for the pics..

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
One thing that added to the enjoyment of the trip was a complete crap-shoot. I asked Lee and Kate if they were up for an adventure after lunch and they said yes, so I set the onboard GPS to avoid highways and then told it to plot our route back home. We were very pleasantly surprised when it took us on a couple of roads that weren't in the best shape as far as the road surface, but the slow speed twisties were great fun! The scenery couldn't be beat either. In one stretch of close to 10 miles, we encountered only one car going the other way. This in 75 degree sunshine. A good day, to say the least!

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
One thing that added to the enjoyment of the trip was a complete crap-shoot. I asked Lee and Kate if they were up for an adventure after lunch and they said yes, so I set the onboard GPS to avoid highways and then told it to plot our route back home. We were very pleasantly surprised when it took us on a couple of roads that weren't in the best shape as far as the road surface, but the slow speed twisties were great fun! The scenery couldn't be beat either. In one stretch of close to 10 miles, we encountered only one car going the other way. This in 75 degree sunshine. A good day, to say the least!
Last time I did that my GPS took me up a mountain on a old dirt path with 2 ruts in it. How it could think that was a road was beyond me. I did see a lot of wildlife though and they looked at me like I was crazy... The road was so narrow I could not even turn the Wing around, so I had to just keep going until I finally hit pavement.

·
Super Moderator
14,409 Posts
The machines are trying to take over. That was a test to see if you would blindly follow orders. You passed! ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts