Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some riding gear that provides safety,comfort and versatilaty.We live in Alberta,Canada and the season can get cold and scortching hot.Don't want two or three sets of gear,so who has advice on vesitile gear.I'll get some "cold weather" heated stuff for those chilly days,but looking for everyday equiptment.So much to choose from,gets a little overwhelming.Don't want cheap gear,would like to survive a crash(god forbid),so quality is important,but want a good deal,not overprised.(not asking for much,eh?!)

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Trailblazer,
I went thru the same issues this year. I wanted gear for 35 F and up. Went from a good, heavy leather jacket with a liner to a Tourmaster jacket. The quality of materials, zippers etc are very good.

It has a zip out liner which makes it wind proof and waterproof
It has another liner which makes it warmer than the old leather jacket.
I also wanted one which I could wear in heat. This is good up to about 85 or 88 F with excellent breathability.

Most importantly, it has the amour and it is comfortable. I had a J Rocket for safety and never could make it comfortable. Maybe just me but TM is the best I ever had.

As it is layered, I can easily add or subtract layers to stay comfomtable without multiple jackets. The price is also very reasonable from what others I have seen.

If I decide to add another layer, it will be Gerbing electrics. But for now, this has worked out great.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hey Love2Ride that is a very good jacket but I haven't taken the plunge yet. Taking my time because I came across a very nice jacket at the Laconia rally last year - made by 6th Gear. It is the Chase Jacket, made out of textile material and, at least to me, has all of what TourMaster has but lower price. I have not done a side by side comparison yet but I like the looks of the 6th Gear jacket and the price @ $179.00. Does anyone on this forum own a 6th Gear Chase Jacket. If so, I'd like to hear your opinion. For now I own a nice, heavy leather jacket and it does everything I need it to. But, maybe next year I will spend the bucks. I like the breathability of the textile jacket during the warmer months.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I just compared two textile style jackets, the Epic Jacket by TourMaster and the Chase Jacket by 6th Gear. I like the Epic by TourMaster the best. The Chase Jacket by 6th Gear is also nice looking, very functional, and is about forty dollars cheaper. Decisions, decisions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts