Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am still new to this site, Still learning! I have had my new bike for two weeks and over 2000 miles now . One thing that i am finding is that my blue jeans seam to bunch up after a few hours riding in the seat area.
Eventually, see an new seat for me, but for now I think I will change pants to something else. Any suggestions from the veteran riders?

I am thinking maybe the carpenter pants ( the ones with all the pockets)

Like: Dickies, or Carhart, along those lines.
Good Idea? or bad idea?

I think I need something bigger in the seat area than regular blue jeans.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
try a pair of bicycle shorts under your jeans

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts
Scooter the Doc has the right idea. I have a pair of these & won't ride far distances without them. Took them last year across the Country & back 9000+ miles. Take them off at Hotel when you get there, hand wash, & they are dry the next morning. I would also recommend the helmet liner. We rode in several 100+ days & were never uncomfortable with sweat in our helmets. The moisture is wicked away & dried. As you can tell I'm a firm believer but I'm not affilated with the company.

http://www.ldcomfort.com/

Although in your case you may want to try both. Good Luck.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Fossil, I am a long distance bicyclist, and never thought of my bike shorts underneath my pants. I Like the LD site too.
Their pants are not padded in the rear like a traditional bicylce shorts.

We had a great day today, adding another few hundred miles to our wing. This coming Sunday we are taking a three trip through the Blueridge Mountains of NC, I will test out the shorts then :)

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Can't tell you what the best pants are, but it always amazes me to see bikers wearing shorts and even flip-flops.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
I wear Joe Rocket Nirvana pants. As an undergarment I use a set of long-johns made for downhill skiing; don't recall what brand they are. Keeps the liner of the riding pants from sticking to me in hot weather and wick moisture as well. Good on the cool and damp days too. Bike shorts are a great idea as mentioned, but I don't have any.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts