Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on riding pants /suits?
I have a good jacket, but am looking for some winter type pants
to put over my street clothing. it doesnt get below 30 degrees
down here in texas for too long of time...

·
Super Moderator
15,259 Posts
i know some guys around here that wear insulated chaps. me i usually put some under armor on and i'm good on the wing down to about 35f but inflamation keeps me from riding in cold weather more than anything

·
Registered
4 Posts
I use Thor MX pants & they are great! Kinda like football pants but longer & sharp looking too. I have seen them used for great prices too, as they find their way into second hand shops for $30 with top!
I almost forgot to mention the great protection the padded areas provide as well. The look is a little more 21st Century as well!

·
Registered
7 Posts
+1 on the chaps. I find thier utility outwieghts the pirate/Harley rider look. Keep me warm, dress pants pressed, and they have excellent anti-abrasive/roadrash characteristics.

·
Registered
5 Posts
For pants

I have a set of Cortech wind and waterproof pants that zip all the way down the sides. I ride 56 miles one way and have gone down as far as the teens in temp this year. I slipped some old Army "field jacket liner" pants into them and am pretty comfortable the whole way in. I'm also a big fan of Gerbing's heated jacket and gloves -- 20 degrees and I still ride with the lid of my modular helmet flipped up. Looking for a taller windshield though

·
Registered
103 Posts
Mike, you've probably gotten a solution by now, but I prefer chaps. Spend a little more money and get some real good ones. I get all my leather from Fox Creek Leather out of NC (www.foxcreekleather.com). They are a family business with EXCELLENT products and customer service. You pay a little more, but you know what they say, "You get what you pay for."

·
Registered
5 Posts
Riding Gear

Well, I missed the day it snowed, and the day after. Eight degrees when I left the house this morning -- got up to a balmy 21 by the time I arrived at work. Thought I was going to need sunscreen. Interested in being able to wear dress pants on the motorcycle. Right now I change when I get here. Chaps are good for that?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Chaps are Good for That?

No, chaps are just going to cover your legs and are ZOZO (zip on, zip off) for convenience.

You could put the CorTech over your dress pants, then a set of chaps over the CorTechs. That would give you the protection for your dress clothes and provide execlent thermal protection and ease of donning and undonning the riding clothes.

Another alternative is to get one of those one-piece, insulated coveralls to wear and just step out of it when you get to work, ready to go. Of course, your upper body will require a larger outer jacket, so don't know if this will work for you.

Wish I could be more help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts