Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I and my wife are new Wing owners…woohoo, fulfilling one of our dreams! I recently completed the MSF class and have been practicing on the back roads on the daily commute. I have a Wing rider survey question regarding riding clothing.
I have noticed the windshield, great for cooler Fall mornings, blocks lots of wind which in the summer can make for warm riding. I have been reading reviews of Jackets and pants on-line, looking for the perfect, all round jacket with good venting for the Wing, warm for fall/winter/spring riding and breathable for the summer. Although the Wing is large, I also want to increase my visibility and I’m trying to avoid an arsenal of clothing, if possible.
I’d be grateful for some input on what others have experienced about what works and what doesn’t for clothing, including gloves. We live in the Seattle area. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
496 Posts
... HOWDY ... I HAVE A HIGH VIS. JACKET WITH A ALL WEATHER ZIP OUT LINER ... AND THERE ARE LOTS OF OTHER COATS JACKETS ect. OUT ON THE MARKET ... HAPPY TRAILS ... P.S. I LIVE ON THE OREGON COAST ... ABOUT THE SAME WEATHER ...

·
Administrator
28,865 Posts
Nathan I wear a Nexgen jacket, zipout liner heavy enough for 45* mornings yet vented front & rear for warm weather.
A friend of mine & his wife just got a Hondaline textile jacket that has similar qualities. Tourmaster also makes some really nice riding gear. I have a pair of Tourmaster boots that are awesome & the wife's and mine raingear is Tourmaster Elite, never been wet in the rain.

Hope this helps

·
Super Moderator
15,120 Posts
i have four helmets, which one i use depends on the weather. two mesh jackets, depends on how hot its going to be, two leather jackets, depends on how cold its going to be. heated jacket and pants liner fot the really cold days. chaps, rain gear, and four pair of gloves.

·
Premium Member
24,870 Posts
Nathan: You'll likley end up with an arsenal over time. I too have two leather jackets, wifey and I have (matching) Nirvana textile jackets we both love, I have Nirvana pants as well, and a pair of heavy chaps (leftover from my darkside days but they have their moments) and she has an older pair of Goldwing leather pants. I have two helmets: one half shell with zip off ear cover and a Vector ff; mrs has same type half lid and HJC IS33. Each two pairs of gloves (med. & cold weather) and good riding boots. We each have rain suits that are always in one saddlebag. Thing is, I'm still always looking for more gear:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
15,120 Posts
i also have two pair of boots and forgot about the third leather jacket i have

·
Super Moderator
9,873 Posts
I have a 3 in 1 jacket from GWRRA. Outer shell is great for summer weather. Inner shell is good for cool mornings. Combining both and it really does a good job on cold mornings. Both jackets have reflective piping on them as well. Got it for $100 which I thought was a pretty good deal for all around riding jacket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.