Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So everyone knows that the Northeast, Northwest & Canada as well as our Northern Hemisphere International friends are getting ready to endure the long cold winter. So that brings us to the unofficial time of the year for unofficial style polling posts.

So here is the Fossil's 1st of the season.

Where do you dream of riding your Wing. The locations can be as simple as you like or as exotic as you dream within reason of course, so let's not say Mars.

I'll Start.

I really want to get all over the Mountain areas of the Southwest U.S.A.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I would really love to ride out to the Keys! Now that is a warm thought!!!

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ray I'm sure that would be awesome as well. I've done it in a car but I'm envisioning it on the Wing & it would be sweet.

Thanks for your thoughts. Let's hope everyone else starts chiming in. We may get some ideas of places to go that we didn't consider.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I think It would be a great Place for the forum to plan a meet up trip!!! I would Love to meet all you Guys It would be a real Hoot I am sure!!

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
Ditto on the Keys ! It was many sunsets ago that I did it in a car also. The image of that long blue and white ride is burned in my cranium. The only thing that comes between me and that image is Interstate 95.

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
why not mars? there is no traffic! :) but finding a gas ststion may be a problem

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Personaly I love all the western states and the wide open places, but my first trip next spring will be out east, I have some unfinished business in Pa. ;)

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Some of the nicest places I've been to have been around Cody Wyoming and the Tetons. So I would have to say there or my other favorite would be south west US (but only with less heat)..

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Since I'm in the southeast already, wouldn't mind a ride to the Keys. :)

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I have rode in every state except Alaska, Hawaii and North Dakota,
my retirement ride was going to do a 4 corners ride, Calif, Washington, Maine and Florida abut about 2 years before I retired in 04 my wife hurt her back and is no longer able to ride, so now I don't leave for more than 7 to 10 days at a time but my favorite rides are Colorado and Utah.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
I still have to finish off the New England states, then New Jersey, Delaware, Florida, Georgia,and South Carolina, then I'll have ridden this wing in all the lower 48. I'd really like to do that before I have to quit.
I really enjoy exploring the roads in Western Montana, Idaho,Wyoming, and want to spend more time exploring Oregon.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
The Keys is on my list also. But the big goal right now is to ride up to the Cape Breton Highlands National Park in Nova Scotia. I’m been working on trying to talk a couple others into going along next spring. It would add all the NE States and a Province to my map.

Today I’m dreaming of going for a ride around middle Mississippi.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I'd really like to ride through Monument Valey and take the Mrs to Bryce Canyon too. It's been a while since I've been to Northern California and the coast highway so that's due too. Now if I can only find the time!

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
I'd really like to ride through Monument Valey and take the Mrs to Bryce Canyon too. It's been a while since I've been to Northern California and the coast highway so that's due too. Now if I can only find the time!
Find the time in the first week on April. fossil and I will be there
( sanz our bikes ), but we can rent and ride. Arizona/ Utah here we come.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Work, and the muts keep us close to home so we haven't ventured that far out or that long.
Since we are dreaming, I would start at the beginning of the new year.

Jan: Florida keys
Feb: New Orleans, just in time for M.G.
Head for the Ozarks when the weather breaks
Head for Grand Canyon
Colorado
Northern California
Up to Widby Island (might have to stay there awhile)Wa. state
Work across to the Black Hills, Badlands to Deadwood/Sturgis area.
Stop in at Hersey, Pa
North side of NY state and Maine
Work my way down the coastline back home by summer's end.

And to make it absolutely perfect, catch a few White sox games along the way.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
It's my doggone addiction that holds me back. I have a terrible case of paycheckonia. Maestro, if I could get away from the mines I'd be there in a heartbeat. I might have to be in Vegas for a meeting early in March but that's as close as I can get this year.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My dream ride would be to catch route 50 in Ocean city MD. and keep heading west until I reached the west coast. I'm going to take a coast to coast trip one day.

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
L2R, that all sounds like your just one Lottery ticket away.

I might be able to help though somewhat. I just checked google maps & it appears that you could be in Chopin Territory in about 6 hrs. Lay over & you guys can come up to Hershey area & Two Wheel & I can come down & away we ride.

All in all I think a 3 day weekend gets you back Home. Chew on that in case the ambitious trip doesn't work out.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
L2R, that all sounds like your just one Lottery ticket away.

I might be able to help though somewhat. I just checked google maps & it appears that you could be in Chopin Territory in about 6 hrs. Lay over & you guys can come up to Hershey area & Two Wheel & I can come down & away we ride.

All in all I think a 3 day weekend gets you back Home. Chew on that in case the ambitious trip doesn't work out.
Yep, just a dream right now.
But I do like the thought of meeting everyone. I don't have any problems getting away for a few days now but I would need a lotto winner to retire early.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Fossil and Love2ride: You guys get out here to Washington State, we are about 60 miles north of Whidbey Island, just give us a shout and stop by. Might even join you for part of the ride back. Could show you some really nice riding in Washington, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming.
I got more dreams then money.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

1 - 20 of 39 Posts