Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering how many of us wear the matching helmets and clothing when the spouse or g/f is along for the ride. I for one don't have anything that resembles a match to the bike or the spouse, but we were talking about it the other day after seeing another couple and we wondered what percentage of couples try to match their riding attire. It seems more GW riders match than others.

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
well for me it doesn't matter i get something black or silver. suzanne rides a silver dynaglide, she's never been a pasenger on my wing so our attire doesn't need to match. sandee rides a burgundy '84 nekked wing and she has never been a passenger on my wing so our attire doesn't need to match either

·
Administrator
15,283 Posts
My wife and I have the same helmets. All the helmets I have bought in the last ten years have been red. We do have the same Joe Rocket jackets but I also wear a leather one once it cools off. Martena does not have a leather. So we wear some of the same gear most of the time, when she rides. Hopefully the physical theropy she is getting now will get her back on the bike with me soon.

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
We have matching Jackets and Helmets.....of course she doesn't ride. But if she does we will match. I like the matching gear, personally.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Match? No, we don't match. As long as I'm riding, I could be nekkid
for all I care!

Mark

·
Registered
121 Posts
We are a no match

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I think matching gear looks nice and it does demonstrate that those that match know how to shop.

I must give a compliment to Terry and Leanna as they looked sharp on their bike at Glacier. Safety, form and function was well thought out on their clothing and helmets and it showed really well.

As Larry said, I guess we match pretty closely. Partly it's a result of neither one of us really liking to shop much. When I picked out my jacket, we knew Liana would eventually be riding with me so we said what the heck, might as well just buy two (different sizes though). Then when I decided to buy mesh pants - same thing - shop once and buy two pair. We did buy boots separately though - I got mine early and she went out a couple of months later to try on a lot of pairs and pick one. But guess what - unbeknownst to her, she bought the same pair as I did!

Cheers,
Kerry (aka Terry, LOL)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Matching helmets are a shoo-in, especially when getting a discount after purchasing a new ride!! Personally I think couples on bikes wearing matching outfits are kinda cute. :) I do wear a neon helmet, jacket and pants when on a long ride, whole day or more. Always wear cycle boots, short when hot, high when wet, white Icons when local and casual and Doha's when it feel right. :) Even in sunny Florida in 90+ degree weather I wear protective gear, getting hit by a Lincoln Continental and totalling my Triumph Rocket III convinced me to go safe; however, saying that, as the years go by I sometimes just wear my jeans, T, gloves and leather vest for short trips. But, big but here, I always have my armored jacket in my trunk and rain suit in the saddle bags. Depending on riding conditions and destinations my apparel matches, in my mind at least, the ride ahead. Ride Safe You'all.

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
We wont match for long. My stuff will wear out much quicker than hers.

·
Premium Member
7,510 Posts
White modular helmets, white mesh jackets and grey mesh pants.

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Match? No, we don't match. As long as I'm riding, I could be nekkid
for all I care!

Mark
Wow, I'll bet that would be a sight to see!

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Nope, no match here. Does look real nice though.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Even though I have not been riding for quite a while..don't ask:( About a month ago I found a brand new Joe Rocket GoldWing jacket with all the optional protectors installed already for the gf with the tags still on it..$50!!!

I just couldn't pass it up, then 2 wks ago by luck....found one for me..exactly the same jacket..of course MY size "almost" new..same price..$50!!..just had to have it. So, when I'm back riding again..I guess you could say we will match, the only draw back..she comes from a tropical country..its tough explaining to her how important proper safety wear is while riding.

She has ridden a lot on her own back home..on small displacement bikes &"tricycles" as they are called there, in fact they are bikes with sidecars. Over there no helmets..or lic apparently!!
Just the bare..(no pun intended) clothing because of the climate. So, getting her to dress up for safe riding I think will be a challenge. But I'm up for it!:D

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
You know its funny. When I had my first bike in the early 2000's, I never wore a helmet unless it was cold. I know, not very smart,but I thought it was cool to go with out one, and have the wind blowing thru my hair, or should I say over my bald head. But now that I have the wing, I find myself wearing my helmet a lot more, not saying that I have it on all the time, but most of the time it is on. I still dont ride with gloves on, unless it is cold. I have my blue goldwing jacket that i wear if its really cold, it is more like a winter jacket, and not really a riding jacket. I bought a mesh jacket a few months ago, and wear that one if its hot. It came with the protectors in it, but I cant stand the feel of having them in, so I took them out. I know, not very smart. Now boots, I dont even have a pair of riding boots, its just my tennies. I did notice that Eric had some really nice looking boots on this weekend, might have to ask where he got them. My wife dont even have a helmet yet, but we have decided to both get new helmets, and get some kind of communicating system.

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just wanted to know .... match or no. .... I really didn't want info about underwear and family background. Lmbo

·
Registered
368 Posts
Larry! T.M.I. !!! T.oo M.uch I.nfo...lol:D The jackets I got are red & Black..I like the looks...;)

·
Super Moderator
9,992 Posts
No matching outfits. When my daughter rode with me we had same color helmets, but that's about it. Since I got my Nolan we don't match at all.. We did have Frogg Toggs but they were different colors.. Now I have a Tour King..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts