Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GOOD MORNING ALL!!!! LOL Awake now?

Well as a few of you who are on the other forums as well may know, Brandi and I were hit head on back in April of 2010. This resulted in our 1980 being destroyed, alot of surgury for me, and a year of pain for my wife.

Well about a month ago, we got our hands on a 1982 Goldwing Interstate. It was in rough shape and took me some time and parts swapping to get it going. Well a year later, Brandi and I completed the ride we had set out on that night. I composed a video of it to commemorate our 1yr anniversary of that night. Hope you enjoy it.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/M1Tanker/1982%20Goldwing%20Interstate/?action=view&current=WingRide1Final.mp4

·
Super Moderator
11,889 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident. Glad to see your still able to ride. Nice looking 1982, do you have a Gremlin Bell on it?

·
Banned
3,175 Posts

Well as a few of you who are on the other forums as well may know, Brandi and I were hit head on back in April of 2010. This resulted in our 1980 being destroyed, alot of surgury for me, and a year of pain for my wife.

Well about a month ago, we got our hands on a 1982 Goldwing Interstate. It was in rough shape and took me some time and parts swapping to get it going. Well a year later, Brandi and I completed the ride we had set out on that night. I composed a video of it to commemorate our 1yr anniversary of that night. Hope you enjoy it.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/M1Tanker/1982%20Goldwing%20Interstate/?action=view&current=WingRide1Final.mp4
Great video... Nice work. I am thankful for your sharing of your experience.

·
Super Moderator
9,879 Posts
Great video. Glad you were able to get back on a Wing and complete the trip, both physically and mentally. I'm sure it took a lot to do that. Many riders don't get back on a bike after an accident but you are both one of the lucky ones. Welcome and ride safe where ever your Wing takes you..

·
Registered
514 Posts
Shea, so glad to hear you are back on the road and appearently without apprehension.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad to see that the two of you have recovered and are riding again. Take care and God bless...

·
Super Moderator
14,473 Posts
Awesome! Great to see you both back on a bike. The bike looks good too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
She needs some work. She was pretty beat up when I got her. Mostly cosmetic thank God, but that shouldn't be a problem down the road. I'm being careful at the moment with all this government shutdown stuff. 100% of my income is VA disability LOL. This should be ugly.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Good job getting that ride finished. I know from experience how hard it is to get back on after a bad one. Never regretted it however. Ride Safe.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Good for you and for your wife too. Good to see u back up!

·
Premium Member
11,027 Posts
Thanks for the insight into the two sides of riding. Some can't get over phisical side of a bad off, some can get past the mental side. Sometimes it takes awhile for both to enable you to get back on a bike again. You have done well. Eric

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the support guys. It was pretty hard. We had alot of opposition friends and familywise, and were still a bit edgy on riding at night, but for the most part were happy we did.

·
Administrator
26,174 Posts
Very good therapy I think. Good on ya both!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts