Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to find a manual or dvd covering the techniques of riding a trike. Moving from a cruiser to trike and wonder what to expect.
Also, does anyone know of a trike riding class in western nc or nw ga.? Thanks 4 ur help.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF romperroom1, if you find such a dvd let us know where you found it please

·
Registered
1 Posts
trike riding

Riding a trike is not a big deal. I am on my 4th one. Having said that there is a lot of difference on how the trike handles with the kind of trike kit that is installed. I have had 4 different makes and the one I have now is the best by far. I am not sure I can name them on this site so will not at this time. Just don't be afraid to get on one and take off.
Moparjerry

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have never ridden a trike,but, in fact I spoke to a guy last wk about his, he just got a new Harley( he had a wing before that) and had someone install the trike kit. I do remember seeing one of the bike builder shows and the most important thing I got from that was; Get a trike kit that has a limited slip rear end!
My understanding is a solid rear axle causes steering problems. The bike wants to "plow" staight ahead when you turn...this makes sense to me and was confirmed by the guy I was talking to.

I did ask him about that, he said he was told if he had a limited slip diff it would take up most of the storage in the back..I don't see it, but that's what he was told....If someone more experienced can weigh in..I may stand corrected.....:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts