Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I ride my 1500 goldwing my steering feels good when my wift gets on the steering gets very light turns too easy what adjustment can I make to put more resistance to the front end??

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Check the rear shock settings. Do you have an owner's manual? There will be several folks chiming in here with good advice.

Welcome from Seattle!

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
When I ride my 1500 goldwing my steering feels good when my wift gets on the steering gets very light turns too easy what adjustment can I make to put more resistance to the front end??
Boy BB, I'm not going to touch that statement with a 10 foot pole... LOL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
passenger

Ok ! She does carry a little extra but not a heavy weight if I can do something to make it better I need to know. I would like to feel a litttle more steering resistance. I just started back riding after a few years away from GW in the past she would not ride now at 60 when I start the GW she is looking for her helmet. At MB Bike Week I am going to have a Voyager Kit put on.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Try leveling out the ride by increasing the air in the rear suspension and see if that makes a difference. If it does, keep increasing it until it gets either to the max or where it make the front handling where you like.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Other than rear air pressure I can't think of a thing. Never had the issue on any brand of bike. Hope you find a solution.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Howya bobbuck. Likely the air pressure in the rear should do it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Same advice here,i usually run mine at 32-33 with 2 up,but with a heavier lady have had it up to 40-42. Also,i run 2 to 3 psi in the front at all times.Also,make sure you do the adjustment with both of you on the bike.She will probably notice a better ride as well after you increase it. '94 1500 SE

·
Registered
18 Posts
Rear shock psi. definitely needs to be adjusted when carrying a passenger or even with the extra weight of having the trunk and side bags filled with luggage. See owners manual for suggested psi. for different weight loads.

But, keep in mind that every bike will ride, feel, and perform differently when you add more weight to it, especially when the extra weight is not evenly distributed. Adjusting and getting used to the difference is always required by the rider.

·
Registered
124 Posts
another thought, I have known a couple of people that got the voyager kit, and found it wanting. Since it doesn 't really help support the rear, it may not solve your problem if rear shock pressure doesn't help. Will help keep you up at stops though.

Also, check tire pressure! With a passenger, you may want to add 2 to 5 extra psi (cold, don't exceed max levels!) if you are running stock pressures.

Good luck, and if you really need a trike, consider converting your bike, or trading for a real trike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts