Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a new gold wing owner I was curious if there is a good - better- best back rest. If anyone wants to give some pointers on which one to get I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks in advance ......

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
I prefer the Utopia. It installs down through the front of the co-riders seat. No external hardware putting the co-riders knees out in the wind and my wife says it is much more comfortable for her.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

·
Registered
24 Posts
I prefer the Utopia. It installs down through the front of the co-riders seat. No external hardware putting the co-riders knees out in the wind and my wife says it is much more comfortable for her.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron
I agree with Ron on this . Easy install, the hardest part is making the cut . :eek:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I recently tried out the Kuryakyn back rest and just couldn't get comfortable ride with it. I just sent it back and going for the Utopia. Another thing I didn't care for with the Kuryakyn was the mounting bars that go along side of the seat.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
23,776 Posts
Utopia here also. You can find a lot of used bracket mounted types for sale but no one is selling a Utopia.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Utopia... I have a recent post showing some pics of my newly installed backrest. I just rode for 240 miles today with the Utopia backrest. It is COMFORTABLE.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Utopia... I have a recent post showing some pics of my newly installed backrest. I just rode for 240 miles today with the Utopia backrest. It is COMFORTABLE.
Nice to know! :D

Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ya rub it in ! :p A whole whopping 14 degrees with snow here in the frozen wasteland.Tonight's low of 1 degree with 2 more inches of snow ! :(

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, looks like Utopia it is. I like the way it looks, no mounting bars to climb around, nice clean look.
Thanks to you all for your "professional" advise.

·
Premium Member
23,776 Posts
Well, looks like Utopia it is. I like the way it looks, no mounting bars to climb around, nice clean look.
Thanks to you all for your "professional" advise.
And less expensive to boot. Would you like a link to an install video ? It's not rocket scientist stuff but it has helped with the concept for some of us. Seeing is believing.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And less expensive to boot. Would you like a link to an install video ? It's not rocket scientist stuff but it has helped with the concept for some of us. Seeing is believing.
well if helps with the fact that a cut in the seat has to be made I will take all the help I can get !

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Geeeez... Now I am feeling even more guilt; I don't use a heater :(

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Hey Donald I think you should just buy a Hotel and put all of us Northerners up for a bit!!!LOL

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Ray,
I bet a " Two Wheel Inn" would be a big hit from October thru April down here

·
Registered
52 Posts
Utopia and it made a world of difference. The cut into the seat is a heart stopper, but read the instructions and watch the video that shows the install. It is worth it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts