Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my better half on a nice ride from Maryland up thru PA to Newburgh, NY. Stopped there and saw the Vanderbilt (Spelling) house on the Hudson River. Spent a few hours at OCC looking at the bikes and of course buying the must have OCC shirt. The bikes are fantastic. No two are alike. Went up through the Catskills to Lake George. Then up to Plattsburgh via Lake Placid and the Adirondack Mts. Back across the Adirondacks to Watertown. Across the Border and around Lake Ontario to Niagaria Falls on the Canadian side. Then back down western NY and PA into western Maryland and home. 9 days and 2,100 miles on our 2010 Red Goldwing. We had a fantastic time. Tried to upload a couple of pictures but no success.
Bought it new and now 2 years old. Have 24,500 miles on it.

Attachments

·
Administrator
28,996 Posts
Good for you Rex, glad you had a good time. Been years since we were at OCC, it was when they were in the old building. It's always cool to see the bikes though.

·
Premium Member
24,115 Posts
Rex: If I could ever get off this forum maybe I could get some riding in too . But.... I'm also averaging about 12,000 miles a riding season. Just not so many miles at one time. ;)

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Great pic of the bike. The wife looks to have a firm grip. Where was that one taken.....shades of the Dragon if I didn't know better.

·
Administrator
15,283 Posts
That sounds like a great ride. The red 2010 is the best looking Wing. At least in my opinion....

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OCC Lake Ontario

Thanks. The ride was great. The pic of the wife and I was on the Dragon last year. The Falls picture was taken on this trip.
I think I have it now on how to upload pics. Was not sure it was working when I posted the original. But to my surprise, the two pictures did show up.
Lee, you stop letting that work thing interfere with your play time.
The new OCC building is fantastic. They have all the bikes around the poutside walls and windows. Probably 30 of them. It is a pretty sight.
I will try and post some more pictures of the trip. Have to get some more off the IPhone and onto this desktop. Cheers !!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
Sounds like a great trip. I've been through those areas and love going back every so often. Thanks for the pics...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lake Ontario

:D Recently rode up to Lake Ontario and stayed overnight in Oswego, NY a neat little town on the lake. Crossed over to Ontario by way of Wolfe Island (it more or less is the dividing line between Lake Ontario and the St. Lawrence Seaway). Involves a ferry ride from Cape Vincent, NY to the Island and a 2nd ferry ride from the Island to Kingston, Ontario. Not much on the island but it much more interesting then crossing into Canada by bridge.

:( Returned to the US by way of the Prescott-Ogdensburg (NY) International Bridge. AVOID THIS ONE if possible. The entire length of the bridge (over 2 miles) is grate.No fun at all on 2 wheels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts